Foxtel on Xbox 360

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

leeds4eva
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Foxtel on Xbox 360

Postby leeds4eva Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:45 pm

Anyone have it?

If so, what's the Fox Sports Play channel like?

Does it show live EPL matches or only replays?
"The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes, that's a fact. Everything else is pure theory."
Interloper

Re: Foxtel on Xbox 360

Postby Interloper Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:39 pm

It has one fox sports channel instead of 3 (most likely due to lack of AFL/NRL, all other major sports are covered) and all the other sports channels.

I've found that it will generally choose the schedule of one particular fox sports channel from the regular foxtel for that day and stick to it, which means that it misses some big events where there is no clash.

EPL is almost always broadcast live as per usual but without multi-channel.

video quality is excellent (though the frame rate dies when a camera pans over a cheering crowd for some reason, either bad encoding or a codec/processor issue on the 360s end. Zero issue during actual gameplay though.) chews through download cap like a motherfucker, but you can change the quality when it isn't important, looks a bit like youtube on a big screen at the lowest setting.

Biggest plus is that it is much cheaper and much easier to cancel compared to regular foxtel.

So far I haven't regretted paying for it. But I'm not exactly compelled to keep it either now that the more interesting sports that aren't Australian Rules Football are drawing to a close for the year.
leeds4eva

Postby leeds4eva Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Cool, cheers, might have to give it a whirl. :)
"The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes, that's a fact. Everything else is pure theory."
leeds4eva

Postby leeds4eva Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Using it now as for the month of June you can try all channels for free plus get a free month of Xbox Live Gold aswell!

Quality is great and so is the selection of channels, apart from sport, that is. Fox Sports Play needs more Live content, for example right now they are showing a repeat of the French Open tennis when they could be showing the Olyroos vs Japan..

They really need Fox Sports 1, 2 and 3 to make paying for it worthwhile tbh.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:28 pm

They've just added the bigpond channels too. Which includes dedicated AFL & NRL channels.

The new AFL channel is the reason i didn't cancel it to be honest.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Im looking at getting foxtel for the coming season, it seems your better off buying their pre made packs as opposed to having your own.

Fox was always an expense i deemed not important enough to pay 90 bucks a month for, but after streaming too many games via mobile broadband it would be almost as cheap.

I do look forward to watching games on my tv not squintine at the computer screen cursing everytime it drops out lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:16 am

Fox was always an expense i deemed not important enough to pay 90 bucks a month for, but after streaming too many games via mobile broadband it would be almost as cheap.
You can do it cheaper than that - I pay $60 a month for basic package plus sports.
#WeAreUnited
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:35 am

The main thing I'm interested in with this Xbox 360 foxtel package is if the one sports channel will actually play the A-League games.

There's no way I can afford regular Foxtel but the xbox deal is actually doable for me. There's no point if A-League is going to be left out of it though. :?
leeds4eva

Postby leeds4eva Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:07 pm

For those unable to go, the Socceroos vs All Whites is being shown live on Fox Sports Play nowksi!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:45 am

Yeah i realise that ago,

But i fall for their smart marketing, for a little bit more you get alot more channels most of which my partner wants so one must be diplomatic lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:40 am

Yeah i realise that ago,

But i fall for their smart marketing, for a little bit more you get alot more channels most of which my partner wants so one must be diplomatic lol
Haha! They old Foxsports - Lifestyle channel trade off!
#WeAreUnited
leeds4eva

Postby leeds4eva Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Leeds vs Southampton LIVE on Fox Sports Play from 1:30am this morning. :boogie:

Return to “The Reds Ramble”