Living/working abroad

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Re: Living/working abroad

Postby Agostinho Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:52 am

Its a magnificent stadium. I had the pleasure of working there for a short time when I lived in Manchester. Never saw a game of that quality though.
#WeAreUnited
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:41 pm

WellI have no idea how to fit the whole photo in there but you get the idea.
We were so lucky with the seats. We were four rows from the fence level with the penalty spot. We were right behind Hibbert's cross into Fellaini for that cracking volley he hit. Definately one of the best goals I have seen live! What a game!
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Crikey Stuckey, you struck absolute gold with that game! Kudos to the missus :D
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Crikey Stuckey, you struck absolute gold with that game! Kudos to the missus :D
Haha yes for sure! :bow: But its costing me, I now have to take her to a musical to make up for it! :(
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Returning to Old Trafford for the Olympics! I got tix to the double header. Egypt v NZ and Brazil v Belarus! Neymar, Pato, Marcelo, Hulk and Smeltz! What a line up!!!!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Dubai, Milan, Venice, Rome, Malta, Nice, Monaco lined up for me early next year woot!!

making special effort for milan derby
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:21 am

Dubai, Milan, Venice, Rome, Malta, Nice, Monaco lined up for me early next year woot!!

Very nice! Word of advice unless you are going to the F1 in Monaco stay in Nice and only bother going to Monaco for the day/night. Its a tiny place and you'll see it all. But as you expect it is insanely expensive but certainly a must see!
As an Inter fan I went to the San Siro last season, sadly to see us get pumped 3-0 by Napoli :( As you would expect the outside of the Stadium is as impressive as ever inside was another story altogether!
But still a must for any football fan!
Have a blast!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Very nice! Word of advice unless you are going to the F1 in Monaco stay in Nice and only bother going to Monaco for the day/night. Its a tiny place and you'll see it all. But as you expect it is insanely expensive but certainly a must see!
As an Inter fan I went to the San Siro last season, sadly to see us get pumped 3-0 by Napoli :( As you would expect the outside of the Stadium is as impressive as ever inside was another story altogether!
Have a blast!
Ill be over there well before F1 hits europe and i do plan on staying in Nice instead of Monaco as its only a 20 minute train ride.

Im really lucky to be timing my trip right to make it to the Milan derby that should be a real privilege, but since our apartment is in Bergamo I plan to make it out to an Atalanta game and hopefully watch Troisi play.

Ill try to squeeze in other serie A games if i can but im hoping to see OGC Nice in the French league 1 or possible AS monaco FC.

But plans when travelling are always broken so we shall see
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:52 am

Have a blast!
Ill be over there well before F1 hits europe and i do plan on staying in Nice instead of Monaco as its only a 20 minute train ride.

Im really lucky to be timing my trip right to make it to the Milan derby that should be a real privilege, but since our apartment is in Bergamo I plan to make it out to an Atalanta game and hopefully watch Troisi play.

Ill try to squeeze in other serie A games if i can but im hoping to see OGC Nice in the French league 1 or possible AS monaco FC.

But plans when travelling are always broken so we shall see
That's the only way to travel! Also I'm not sure if you know but you MUST have your passport with you when you buy tickets/enter the stadium. My friend got turned away from an Empoli game because of that until he pretended he was family friends with Vinnie Grella. How are you planning on getting hold of Milan Derby tickets? I know of one website livefootballtickets.com usually the prices on there are insanely over priced but it seems we got a good deal when we brought Barca tickets through them compared to prices advertised the day of the match in the city.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Will be getting them through family
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:45 am

has anyone spent time in croatia?

might be spending a few days in Pula and Rovinj mid to late march, obviously its the slow season so not sure how good transport, restaurants etc are at this time.

If anyone has an idea lemme know :D
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 am

The only thing I have heard about Croatia is that the sailing cruises you can do down the coast are sensational. Everyone I've met that has gone on one has loved it!
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:07 pm

has anyone spent time in croatia?

might be spending a few days in Pula and Rovinj mid to late march, obviously its the slow season so not sure how good transport, restaurants etc are at this time.

If anyone has an idea lemme know :D
Croatia is brilliant. Obviously would be nicer in summer when you can swim etc but you'll have a great time.

Rovinj is a great place, beautiful old town on a peninsula sticking out into the sea.. Pula not quite so charming but has a bloody great Roman coliseum there, etc. If you have the chance I really recommend you jump on the ferry over to Cres and Losinj, beautiful islands with some great little villages and towns (My GF's family were originally from a little fortified village called Lubenice on a cliff top on Cres - it's now World Heritage listed, amazing place).

Restaurants and cafes will probably be pretty slow (/closed), especially outside the bigger towns, it might be a good chance to find some decent local food though because the stuff you get @ the tourist places is usually pretty standard grilled meat & stuff.

As for transport, there's not much in the way of rail, the locals get around on intercity buses and ferries, all that stuff should be running no problem.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:55 pm

I've heard the cafe service can be interesting! A mate of mine had a drink dropped in his lap by a waitress and it wasn't till have actually had a go at her did she even acknowledge she did anything wrong. She still expected a tip when she asked him to pay!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “The Reds Ramble”