Living/working abroad

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Living/working abroad

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:48 pm

Poor bloke. Can't go to Jordan... Ah well I'll just go to South America.

:) lucky bugger :)
Yep but on FIFA international break :( no boca juniors, estudiantes and no river plate.......not sure how i feel about this :bang:
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:37 pm

I'm brother in law went there about a year ago. He loved it. Only issue he had was that one of the girls he was travelling with was basically sexually assaulted in the street by a group of teenage boys, he and a friend had to basically fight those dogs off. So I'd just be mindful of that. But as I said he loved the rest of his time.
Yeah that basically sums up everything i have heard also.

Its not jordan or its people im concerned about, not one bit. Its the potential for revenge attacks as there are reported to be 3000 isis sympathisers in amman ( jordans capital ).

Sadly may have to put this trip off at least until next year, which means bumping forward Chile and Argentina to this year. Not a bad swap i suppose.
now days it's a threat anywhere really but so are shark attacks and that wont stop me swimming at the beach.
south America is somewhere I want to go badly, but now the missus is about to drop a kid my travelling days are taking a back seat.
Have you travelled India? I recommend it if you haven't and want something different.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:38 pm

I'm brother in law went there about a year ago. He loved it. Only issue he had was that one of the girls he was travelling with was basically sexually assaulted in the street by a group of teenage boys, he and a friend had to basically fight those dogs off. So I'd just be mindful of that. But as I said he loved the rest of his time.
Yeah that basically sums up everything i have heard also.

Its not jordan or its people im concerned about, not one bit. Its the potential for revenge attacks as there are reported to be 3000 isis sympathisers in amman ( jordans capital ).

Sadly may have to put this trip off at least until next year, which means bumping forward Chile and Argentina to this year. Not a bad swap i suppose.
now days it's a threat anywhere really but so are shark attacks and that wont stop me swimming at the beach.
south America is somewhere I want to go badly, but now the missus is about to drop a kid my travelling days are taking a back seat.
Have you travelled India? I recommend it if you haven't and want something different.
I agree!! generally i take no notice of travel warning as i assume they are aimed at the lowest common denomonator of traveller who just cannot use basic common sense when abroad. But when a countries king declares ware on a rogue islamic movement and bombs the hell out of them i can't help but think it will be in the back of my mind during the trip which will ruin it imo.

Haven't been to india yet. Im a little unsure as i find it hard to accept poverty while I'm sitting in a nice comfy hotel room. I found the same thing when in Thailand that it did not sit right with me paying the locals for things that anywhere else could be 5 times the price. I guess i feel as I'm taking advantage of the situation and seeing the way a portion of other aussies treat the locals was embarrassing.

Although I'm off to Bali in easter so that will be interesting as I'm expecting to see the same thing.

BTW congrats on the baby! Baby bruce? :D There must be something in the coding of WATRS as a few of us have new arrivals.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:39 am

Has anyone spent much time in Shanghai? I'm visiting there for a few days.
If it works I'm hoping to get along to see Shenua play Hebei.
Any tips on getting into games would be appreciated!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:47 pm

Visiting for work, Pleasure, or stopover stuckey?
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Visiting for work, Pleasure, or stopover stuckey?
For pleasure my mate used to live in China and I always regretted not taking the opportunity to visit him. He's returning for a week so I'm taking that opportunity finally. He knows his way round Shanghai and speaks mandarin so what better way to do it.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “The Reds Ramble”