Living/working abroad

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Re: Living/working abroad

Postby Nash Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:06 pm

myself and Brades36 are heading over to Europe on April 4th, will be backpacking until August 30th. land in Rome and depart from London. we scored tickets to the VfB Stuttgart v Hamburger SV clash on April 23rd. looking for to that! hoping to catch Okazaki and van Nistelrooy in action!
Nash

Postby Nash Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:07 pm

myself and Brades36 are heading over to Europe on April 4th, will be backpacking until August 30th. land in Rome and depart from London. we scored tickets to the VfB Stuttgart v Hamburger SV clash on April 23rd. looking for to that! hoping to catch Okazaki and van Nistelrooy in action!
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Super!
If you are coming through Vienna, PM me and if it works out we can meet and have a beer if you like.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Nash

Postby Nash Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 pm

would love to sevengoals! thanks! i have looked into it already lol, but at this stage not sure if we'll make it to Austria. will hit you up if we do tho, definitely.
Nash

Postby Nash Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:24 am

got tickets to see the last fixture of the 2. Bundesliga season for Hertha BSC vs FC Augsburg. and it could be a top of the table clash! both sides chasing promotion at the moment! shit yea! not to mention getting to experience this bad boy! http://football-futbol-soccer.com/image ... tadium.jpg. built in 1936 by Nazi Germany, and hosted the 2006 WC Final. rich history galore.

oh and Hertha Berlin is Rukavytsya's team so hopefully he gets a gig!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:54 am

Am currently in the process of sorting out my fieldwork on an outer island in Vanuatu, will prob be off there by the end of the year..
One step closer - my research project has been approved by the Vanuatu Cultural Centre, just need to get through the usual university bureaucracy now and it's all systems go B)
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:27 am

Am currently in the process of sorting out my fieldwork on an outer island in Vanuatu, will prob be off there by the end of the year..
One step closer - my research project has been approved by the Vanuatu Cultural Centre, just need to get through the usual university bureaucracy now and it's all systems go B)
I just saw a job in Port Vila for 12 months that I could walk into..... think I'll stay here though.
ThatDickw/theGlasses

Postby ThatDickw/theGlasses Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:12 am

Also any advice for the rest of us contemplating "a stint overseas to ply our trade" lol ?
Buy a ticket, pack light, get on the plane & never come home. Well, for a while at least.

Do that & you're off to a good start - too many people never get past the first part & end up never going. Mates, family, whatever will still be here when/if you return. I'd still be in Spain if I had the money, but in 12 months I should be back there again.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Also any advice for the rest of us contemplating "a stint overseas to ply our trade" lol ?
Buy a ticket, pack light, get on the plane & never come home. Well, for a while at least.

Do that & you're off to a good start - too many people never get past the first part & end up never going. Mates, family, whatever will still be here when/if you return. I'd still be in Spain if I had the money, but in 12 months I should be back there again.
Ok done! I'm just waiting on my visa and i'm off to London for 12 months! Me and the missus are planning on living as close to cental London as possible, so I think QPR might be my team. Hopefully Neill and Kewell sign for them!I can't really be bothered training up to Manchester all the time!
Time to Djbate!
star_of_da_show

Postby star_of_da_show Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:37 am

I'm currently making my way to Vietnam (or maybe Cambodia) where I'll be teaching English. Heading the long way round the world.. spent 3 months in Sth/Central America.. US for a bit. I'm in the UK atm (yawn) but heading to SE Asia soon. No idea how long I'll be away or where I'll even end up.
Nash

Postby Nash Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:48 pm

I'm in the UK atm (yawn)
gotta agree with that.

just got home 6 days ago from my 5 months abroad in Europe. freaking amazing. got to a fair amount of matches seeing as i was over there during the off season. managed to catch a few games before the seasons ended, and then when the new season started.

went to ACF Fiorentina vs AC Milan (2-1), Stuttgart VfB vs Hamburger SV (3-0), Hertha BSC vs Augsburg FC (2-1), Wales vs Socceroos (2-1), Stoke City vs Chelsea (0-0) and Middlesbrough vs Birmingham City (3-1). caught a couple of Gaelic football matches too - fair boring tbh.

sucked that my only EPL match ended goal less, was still a great viewing though - saw plenty of goals elsewhere too. Stoke fans are excellent, really enjoyed my time at the Britannia Stadium.

i can't complain about watching 6 matches from 5 leagues can i?! 16 goals too. spoilt.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Sounds like you had a ball. Didn't Rukavysta come on late for the Hertha game?
Nash

Postby Nash Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 pm

yea he did, i think it was for a decent run off memory - like 20 minutes. we were on the fence and tried to get his attention but were unsuccessful lol. saw Williams and McDonald play for Boro too, Williams was solid and McDonald showed great vision - i was really impressed with him. never really saw him play except for the NT before then, never catch much SPL action.

AC Milan were amazing, but i'd say my highlight was coming away being able to say i've seen a Timmy Cahill goal in person :)
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:28 pm

well i can top it???? i watched Afghan vs France... well afghan locals vs french military 5 a side whilst spending a long tour in afghanistan, french won i think? didnt see the whole thing and no scoreboard.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:23 am

well i can top it???? i watched Afghan vs France... well afghan locals vs french military 5 a side whilst spending a long tour in afghanistan, french won i think? didnt see the whole thing and no scoreboard.
I may be able to go one better (if I can make the match). Tomorrow the Cabinet is playing a match against some Thai politicians (I think). They showed the practice on tv here and everytime Hun Sen received the ball everyone was too scared to tackle him :D

Return to “The Reds Ramble”