ADELAIDE BITE, with adelaide streaming!

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

ADELAIDE BITE, with adelaide streaming!

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:11 pm

As per the thread on Adelaidereds.com

Not 100% sure how many people are interested in baseball, but ill float the thread anyway.

For those that dont know the ABL has been revitalised, with the MLB backing (major league baseball) we have a league again.

I have to say, its quite exciting being backed by the MLB as each australian club, has a sister major league club so to speak, where MLB organisations can send their young players to play for the off season.

The bites stand out import is "the big Q" quincey latimore, 21 years old from the pitsburg Pirates organisation. He has been tipped as one of the top 20 talents in the organisation and is considered to be on the verge of the Majors!

So it is very fair to say there is some talent in this league, not to mention the many AA and AAA level aussie players coming home in the off season to represent their states.

At $12 for an adult, for a ticket its great value , especially if going on a saturday night where the $12 covers a double header (2 games).

Averaging 1500 fans a game ( considering the thursday and sunday night games draw very small crowds ) proves there is a great atmosphere on a friday or saturday night.

Adelaide are currently 11-9 sitting in second place.

While the league is not telecast, it is streamed online.

follow the link they are actually playing right now to anyone interested which i dont expect there to be :P :angel:

http://web.theabl.com.au/team5/page.jsp ... &sid=t4064
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Re: ADELAIDE BITE, with adelaide streaming!

Postby Nash Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:50 am

i've been to a game, was great entertainment. highly recommend it. good atmosphere with a decent crowd, great value for money too.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Playoffs are on this thursday and friday night at norwood, if need be the decider will be saturday night.

Who else could it be againdt but the melbourne aces! Lastchance to see the bite at home this season, not to mention future msjor league plsyer quincy latimore.

Too bad ill be working and the u ited game is saturday night.

For anyone who wants to stream the game( i doubt very few care) you can stream it via thr bites website
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:58 pm

i'm thinking about heading down after work on Friday, see if i can get a bit of a group happening. i'm happy to see Adelaide turning out for the baseball.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:11 pm

adelaide beat melbourne 4-3 in extra innings to take a clean sweep of the playoff series :D woo woo

Return to “The Reds Ramble”