Red Army AUFC Forum?

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Re: Red Army AUFC Forum?

Postby Nash Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:16 am

i didn't think adelaidereds was dying, and i was saddened by the news of it's end approaching. thankfully WATR has created something so much bigger and better, and done so successfully. fully support the idea of closing adelaidereds now.

RA forum serves a purpose, so activity isn't that big of an issue if it serves it's purpose of communicating RA information. as for all of the other forums, i do hope that many more migrate to this site.
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:23 am

AdelaideReds was dying, partly because it was poorly moderated and descended into regular conflict, and partly because its owner couldn't handle the responsibility, wouldn't have a bar of it, and couldn't accept the consequences. It wasn't a happy place, so best to move on.

The RA isn't the only one that makes its content readable to members, Football News makes parts of its site the same.

Ironic that the A-League, unlike the NSL, is meant to be a league for everybody. But how are we achieving that when there are cliques, a stench of arrogant elitism, and an uncomfortably high % of nutters attracted to the game?

I trust in Shane. He has put so much effort into creating this site, everyone should be grateful to him. He's created a badly needed avenue of expression for AU support, and he isn't going to tolerate any of the BS that went on elsewhere.
ThatDickw/theGlasses

Postby ThatDickw/theGlasses Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:03 pm

AdelaideReds was dying, partly because it was poorly moderated and descended into regular conflict, and partly because its owner couldn't handle the responsibility, wouldn't have a bar of it, and couldn't accept the consequences. It wasn't a happy place, so best to move on.

Seriously man, give it a rest.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:43 am

I trust in Shane. He has put so much effort into creating this site, everyone should be grateful to him. He's created a badly needed avenue of expression for AU support, and he isn't going to tolerate any of the BS that went on elsewhere.
are you trying to say i don't believe in our lord and saviour? ;) i plan on sittng at the right hand of Shane come the apocalypse.
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:37 am

No, I'm saying is, we should be in awe of what Shane has done for this community- create a comprehensive (well, not quite yet!) website that includes news and the all-important Redcast. He has put tremendous effort into it, and it shows.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:27 pm

to me this is just adelaidereds.com with a different clothing.

cant say there were any real conflicts on adelaide reds, atleast nothing that diminished my experience, and anything that did happen were nothing more then school girl squabbles.

WATR/adelaide reds are the only fan forums ive come across without the mindless spamming crap, it would also seem the majority of posters are above the age of 20 unlike most forums which is a good thing. :)
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:33 pm

It died plainly and simply because the owner decided that he had other things that were more important to spend his time on.

Not because it was an unhappy place. Not because it was poorly moderated and not because of regular conflict. You're the only person that thought any of those things.
#WeAreUnited
Mr. Happy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid.
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We're not full of convicts...

Postby Mr. Happy Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:28 am

I liked AR, I like WATR, in summary: "You guys!"
Cats, Sex and Nazis that's why they call me Mr. Happy!
Shane

Postby Shane Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:49 am

Heh.
Shano. Red to the core.
star_of_da_show

Postby star_of_da_show Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:53 pm

It died plainly and simply because the owner decided that he had other things that were more important to spend his time on.

Not because it was an unhappy place. Not because it was poorly moderated and not because of regular conflict. You're the only person that thought any of those things.
this man speaks the truth
Mr. Happy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid.
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We're not full of convicts...

Postby Mr. Happy Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:17 am

You quoted two men!
Cats, Sex and Nazis that's why they call me Mr. Happy!

Return to “The Reds Ramble”