Podcasts

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Podcasts

Postby Agostinho Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:03 pm

I noticed that this site is going to have a podcast. I reckon it's a great idea. I probably listen to more podcasts on my iPod than I do music. Can anyone recommend any good ones? Football or otherwise?

Ones I listen to are:

Football:

Football Weekly (c/- The Guardian) - this is outstanding and I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

The Football Ramble - A fairly English-centric pod but mentions bits and pieces from around the globe (including Australia occassionally). Very funny.

The Npower Football League - Would only recommend if you follow a club in the Championship, League One or League Two. Or if you're just a football nut and can't get enough.

nearpost - a very good local podcast hosted by Eamonn Flannigan & Lucy Zelic amongst others. I really enjoy it and it's 100% Australian.

The Football Sack - Another Australian based pod, although they also cover Premier League. It's done by a couple of Brisbane supporters and it's not bad. The jokes are pretty lame and they're hardly experts, but it's nice just to hear some fans talking about the game.

Australian FourFourTwo - I rarely listen to this one tbh. It's a bit boring but I guess it has some ok content.

There's some others as well, but not really worth recommending (ie official premier league, 5 Live etc).

Not Football

By the time I get through all my football podcasts there's not usually that much time for anything else...

But I listen to one called Gather Around Me which is pretty funny. It's done by a couple of satirists who regularly frequent such websites as The Drum etc. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it.
#WeAreUnited
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Podcasts

Postby blahblah Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:19 pm

a good fun one is World Football Weekly done by the 4 Diegos, I think it can be found on the ABC site as we get it here on Radio Australia. I love their 'sad coaching moments' such as "we lose on the road, we lose at home; my problem as a coach is I can't think of anywhere else to play."
Ray
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Ray Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Football:

The Game: The podcast from The Times hosted by Gabriele Marcotti and usually featuring the likes of Patrick Barclay, Oliver Kay, etc.

Chappers Premier League Podcast: Hosted by Five Live's Mark Chapman with a panel of Graham Poll, Kevin Day (MOTD2) & Roy Meredith (Championship Manager). Always a good laugh for Poll's double entendres.

Five Live Football Daily: Daily wrap up of Football News from BBC Radio Five Live.

World Football Phone In: Another from Radio Five Live and the Up All Night programme, hosted by Dotun Adebayo and featuring panellists like Tim Vickery, Sean Wheelock, Mark Gleeson, Andy Brassell, etc answering questions relating to their geographic region.

ESPN Soccernet Podcast: Covers English and European Football.

The World Game Podcast: SBS's radio show usually consisting of a panel of Scott McIntyre, Vitor Sobral, SMH's Sebastian Hassett and Costas Kilias. Covers Australian and International Football.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:46 pm

what happened with two up front? i enjoyed that
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Legoman_Carl
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby Legoman_Carl Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Not Football
Sunday Night Safran... with Father Bob, I love the show :)
Legoman_Carl

Postby Legoman_Carl Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:01 pm

The real question is what happened to Kick-Off with John Thompson-Mills!
AU & A-League focused, was a great show.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:13 pm

i only just got into this new iTunes thing over the past 3 weeks, thus only just started listening to podcasts. never even thought to look up football ones. i'd be looking for A-League focused podcasts, definitely goin to have a listen to Nearpost.

podcasts i have been listening to this month are Sunday Night Safran, WTF with Marc Maron and Jay & Silent Bob Get Old. and i recommend all.

never really known Marc Maron, but he has some good guests so had a look and i'm hooked. it's a great show, really honest fella.
Legoman_Carl

Postby Legoman_Carl Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:23 pm

fwiw, you don't need an ipod or even itunes to makes use of podcasts

just thought I'd make that point
Seanason_AU

Postby Seanason_AU Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:47 am

One got a coaching gig at West Adelaide.

The other got a coaching gig at Raiders.

Return to “The Reds Ramble”