Bundesliga 19/20

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Bundesliga 19/20

Postby blahblah Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:07 am

Cracking start to the Bundesliga with Leckie's Hertha Berlin holding Bayern Munich to a 2-2 draw at the Allianz Arena (Leckie had a productive 90 minutes in midfield). Borello started and had a decent hit-out with Frieburg who looked very good against Mainz and Entracht Frankfurt did well with Kamada playing out a full game and being very lively in their 1-0 win against Hoffenheim (Hasebe came on later in the game).

The big story though is Dortmund as their English midfielder, Sancho, is looking fantastic despite only being 19 years old. They really are looking to goods this year and are certainly my tip for the title.

Bayern Munich have just brought in Coutinho from Barcelona (loan) but I am not entirely sure as to where he is going to fit into the side. Bayern are missing the on and off field presences of Ribery & Robben (both retired) and I am not sure Coutinho is the answer. I guess they have a plan.
blahblah

Re: Bundesliga 19/20

Postby blahblah Sun May 17, 2020 5:23 am

Bundesliga is back and Haaland scores, again. That kid has some talent and I am looking forward to the day we produce a striker of this ilk.

It is interesting watching the goal celebrations. Lots of elbow and fist bumps.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Thu May 21, 2020 9:13 am

It is the Berlin derby this Saturday and even though Leckie plays for Hertha I have to say, go Union!

Game of the round though will be Monchengladbach hosting Leverkusen. Both teams are playing good football and there isn't much separating them form-wise. My tip is for the Foals as I think their defence has the quality to contain Havertz.

Another match that has two relatively evenly matched teams is Freiburg v Werder Bremen. That isn't a phrase that has possibly been used in German football before which is a testament as to how well Freiburg have been playing throughout this season. Sadly, Borello hasn't been a regular feature down at the Schwarzwald Stadium, though he did have a few full games at the start of the season. Hopefully we see more of him in the red and black as the cascade of games descends (unless he's out injured or stuck in Australia, of course).
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri May 29, 2020 9:35 pm

Hertha smashed them ...

Bummer.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:51 am

“I love the fact that we have so many African players … until the Africa Cup of Nations starts. Then it’s: ‘Oh my God!’” says Jürgen Klopp, breaking into his famous guffaw.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... an-society

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:44 am

Hertha lose another with Leckie not even making the match-day squad. He really needs to move on.

They did lose to Freiburg though, who have been the team I've enjoyed following the most this season.

Eintracht Frankfurt have finally started playing football again. It is great to see Kamada back in the mix. I am guessing they will continue their recent form against Schalke.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:03 pm

Hertha lose another with Leckie not even making the match-day squad. He really needs to move on.

They did lose to Freiburg though, who have been the team I've enjoyed following the most this season.

Eintracht Frankfurt have finally started playing football again. It is great to see Kamada back in the mix. I am guessing they will continue their recent form against Schalke.
I think Leckie has had an untimely injury. Labbadia has apparently been keen to play him.

I've been watching Bundesliga a lot more this season. I haven't really had a side to support and wasn't keen to jump on a bandwagon. I've been quite a fan of Piatek from his last season in Serie A plus the Leckie factor has got me on the Hertha train! I really enjoyed the Christmas I spend in Berlin one year so there is that too.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “World Football”