UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifiers

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifiers

Postby blahblah Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:54 am

The qualifiers have started and normally I don't pay a lot of attention, however Kazakhstan's 3-0 victory over Scotland raised the eyebrows and marks a great start for the Hawks (a team I still think would be better suited to the AFC).

Thus far the games have largely gone to script, though Ukraine will be pleased with their 0-0 away draw to Portugal and there will be some soul searching in Prague following the Czech's 0-5 away loss to England. Though as we know, the Czechs aren't what they used to be.
Raimes
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Re: UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifiers

Postby Raimes Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:59 pm

The qualifiers have started and normally I jump on my mini excavator and don't pay a lot of attention, however Kazakhstan's 3-0 victory over Scotland raised the eyebrows and marks a great start for the Hawks (a team I still think would be better suited to the AFC).

Thus far the games have largely gone to script, though Ukraine will be pleased with their 0-0 away draw to Portugal and there will be some soul searching in Prague following the Czech's 0-5 away loss to England. Though as we know, the Czechs aren't what they used to be.
The Czechs certainly aren't what they used to be. I still remember the days of Pavel Nedved and the rest of that generation. They were a mighty team.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifiers

Postby blahblah Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:48 am

The qualifiers have started and normally I jump on my mini excavator and don't pay a lot of attention, however Kazakhstan's 3-0 victory over Scotland raised the eyebrows and marks a great start for the Hawks (a team I still think would be better suited to the AFC).

The Czechs certainly aren't what they used to be. I still remember the days of Pavel Nedved and the rest of that generation. They were a mighty team.
A lot of the smaller countries, Australia included, go through periods where the stars align and they really need to make the most of it. Switzerland appears to have let such a moment pass.

Return to “World Football”