Jeggo Watch 2016 / 2017

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Jeggo Watch 2016

Postby blahblah Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:53 am

Poor bugger.
Especially given the form we are in back home
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:29 am

Sturm Graz 1-1 Austria Wien

James Jeggo was not in the match day squad.

I found some news of sorts...
On the 10th of March James Jeggo, Anastasios Avlonitis and Charalampos Lykogiannis, the three new players at Sturm Graz, invited their team colleagues to dinner.
They took their team mates to the Restaurant Dionysos (Graz) where they "shouted" them dinner.
Good move to get to know your fellow players on a "person" level.

The two Greeks have been in the team or match day squad from the day they arrived so it's a great gesture of solidarity to include Jeggo in this host group I reckon.
Doing a "TRAPEZI" as a welcome is just so Greek and Jeggo playing wog ball in Melbourne would have met/known heaps of Melbourne Greeks.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun May 08, 2016 7:18 am

Salzburg 1-1 Sturm Graz

No sign of James Jeggo in the match day squad.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Mon May 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Jeggo sits on the bench in Sturm's last game of the 2015/2016 season, a 3-0 away loss to Austria Wien.
Sturm Graz finish 5th and that means no European football next season.

I hope James Jeggo gets more games in the coming season.

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Tue May 17, 2016 7:48 am

Sad to see yet another promising young Aussie head off overseas to warm the pine.
Ooki
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Djite

Postby Ooki Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Hey guys, I'm a Sturm Graz supporter from austria and just wanted to give you a quick heads-up on why Jeggo isnt playing.

The main problem is, that in austria you may only have 6 non-austrians in the matchday-squad, otherwise you lose out on alot of money.

Here at Sturm, they thought that Jeggo would quickly get an austrian citizenship, because of being born and spending the first few years of his life here. But apparently it is not that easy.

So last season we already had 6 non-austrians in the squad, all of which were very important players for the team, and therefore Jeggo just missed out as #7.

We are still hoping that Jimmy will get his austrian citizenship as soon as possible, but even if he doesnt, he will have a much larger chance to play more regularly in the upcoming season, because we will only have 6 non-austrians in the squad, including him, so there shouldnt be a problem with that. Now it is all up to him, to prove that he has what it takes to impress us as much as he did for you.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:59 pm

He was serviceable. Nothing amazing. I think Mauk actually performed better once settled and really helped us win the Prem and Championship.

Although I'm pleased to hear Jeggo will get some game time soon. He's a quality player and just needs minutes to develop.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:12 pm

Hey guys, I'm a Sturm Graz supporter from austria and just wanted to give you a quick heads-up on why Jeggo isnt playing.

The main problem is, that in austria you may only have 6 non-austrians in the matchday-squad, otherwise you lose out on alot of money.

Here at Sturm, they thought that Jeggo would quickly get an austrian citizenship, because of being born and spending the first few years of his life here. But apparently it is not that easy.

So last season we already had 6 non-austrians in the squad, all of which were very important players for the team, and therefore Jeggo just missed out as #7.

We are still hoping that Jimmy will get his austrian citizenship as soon as possible, but even if he doesnt, he will have a much larger chance to play more regularly in the upcoming season, because we will only have 6 non-austrians in the squad, including him, so there shouldnt be a problem with that. Now it is all up to him, to prove that he has what it takes to impress us as much as he did for you.
Servus Ooki, thank you for the post.

I was also wondering why he was not playing having seen nothing about it in the Austrian press.
One thing, he will have to give up his Australian passport if he wants an Austrian one.

If I am not mistaken Austria does not recognize Dual citizenship as Australia does.

I would also think twice about it.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:01 am

It seems the austrians wont give jeggo ciitizenship despite being born in austria.

Reason being his parents are british and despite being born in austria he left as a child so apparently it rules him out.

Tuff break for jimmy given plenty of guys get their euro passports from grandparents where as jimmy was actually born there.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:50 pm

I'll have him back :)
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:29 pm

Unpopular opinion- I think losing Mauk and getting Jeggo back as a replacement would be a step backward. Jeggo didnt seem as good to me as everyone else remembers, all I remember was the frustration of him breaking down our attacks and his belter deflected goal vs Sydney.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:35 pm

It seems the austrians wont give jeggo ciitizenship despite being born in austria.

Reason being his parents are british and despite being born in austria he left as a child so apparently it rules him out.

Tuff break for jimmy given plenty of guys get their euro passports from grandparents where as jimmy was actually born there.
I did not know that his parents were not Austrian.
I could have told you it would be hard for him to get Austrian papers.
I believe if you are born here to "foreign" parents who have residency, the children have the same nationality as the mother until they turn 18 and then they can decide for themselves which passport they want.
If they are male and choose Austria citizenship they must also complete national service.
This all must depend on them living here of course.

Someone did not do their homework by the look of it.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:34 am

Apparently there is a limit of 6 visa players that can be in the matchday squad in austria.

Jeggos club have released a number of them meaning he is able to find more game time. Jeggo seems up beat about his chances.

Its going to be tough without a euro passport and no socceroos appearances while trying to make it in europe.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:04 am

Jeggo starts for Sturm in the first game of the season against Red Bull Salzburg at home in Graz!!!
3 min into the game and it's 0-0

Yippee!

I found a stream.
And Sturm Graz score the first goal of the game.

1-0
8min

Actually this is James Jeggo's Bundesliga debut.
Bravo!

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “World Football”