TV rights money

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

TV rights money

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:23 am

Considering what the Bundeliga are earning I don't understand why we can't get their games here in Australia too often.

I really see that league as the growth area for the future and I think a network jumping on board soon would be smart. FTA channel would be great!!

This also highlights the strange hold Barca and Real have on La Liga. Plus how pathetic the mid-table EPL clubs are in Europe considering the lowest EPL club makes what Bayern and PSG make combined!
Time to Djbate!
double07
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Re: TV rights money

Postby double07 Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:30 am

This also highlights the strange hold Barca and Real have on La Liga.
That is truly terrible.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:59 am

This also highlights the strange hold Barca and Real have on La Liga.
That is truly terrible.
I meant strangle hold!
Time to Djbate!
double07
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:53 am

Still terrible ;)
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:31 pm

This is possibly a whole different argument but to me its a good indication which countries have the biggest media reach , expats and dare i say most english spoken within the league.

I for example i beleive La Liga is massively popular in Sth America who coincidently speak mostly spanish yet the TV rights would be far less as these countries are no where near as wealthy as countries from the old English Empire.

IMO if it came down purely to entertainment value, league competitiveness and fan involvement the Bundesliga wins absolutely hands down!! but very few other countries speak German and if they do it is either only a portion of the country who is nearest the German border or the Austrians who i beleive have their own German dialect.

I doubt we will ever get other leagues unless its via pay per view, channel 1 on FTA TV tried Serie A and failed miserably.

The internet is the future on Football broadcasting IMO
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:01 pm

This is possibly a whole different argument but to me its a good indication which countries have the biggest media reach , expats and dare i say most english spoken within the league.

I for example i beleive La Liga is massively popular in Sth America who coincidently speak mostly spanish yet the TV rights would be far less as these countries are no where near as wealthy as countries from the old English Empire.

IMO if it came down purely to entertainment value, league competitiveness and fan involvement the Bundesliga wins absolutely hands down!! but very few other countries speak German and if they do it is either only a portion of the country who is nearest the German border or the Austrians who i beleive have their own German dialect.

I doubt we will ever get other leagues unless its via pay per view, channel 1 on FTA TV tried Serie A and failed miserably.

The internet is the future on Football broadcasting IMO
Haha channel one was the dumbest channel. They'd have yachting on during prime time and then all the good stuff on late or during the day. Even now they still aren't able to show a replay of the F1s till the same time the following night.
If a channel picked up a league like Serie A or Bundesliga and did it properly (I'm talking half as much effort as what fox put into the EPL) it would be a great addition to FTA TV.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:24 pm

Speaking of F1's, i just got back from the Singapore F1.

Was surprised to hear the Aussie host for F1 on channel ten doing the race commentary at the track all weekend.

Wasnt sure if he hosted channel 10's show for the race and then when they switched to the BBC commentators he started commentating for the Marina Bay Circuit.

He was way better then the BBC guys who i care nothing for since Murray Walker retired.

Oh and God dammit! SE Asia is still close enough for the bogans to reach. Its almost a little embarrassing.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Speaking of F1's, i just got back from the Singapore F1.

Was surprised to hear the Aussie host for F1 on channel ten doing the race commentary at the track all weekend.

Wasnt sure if he hosted channel 10's show for the race and then when they switched to the BBC commentators he started commentating for the Marina Bay Circuit.

He was way better then the BBC guys who i care nothing for since Murray Walker retired.

Oh and God dammit! SE Asia is still close enough for the bogans to reach. Its almost a little embarrassing.
thanks to mining money bogans can get any where now.
Watching that race I've decided I'm going to one in the near future. I went to the Abu Dhabi race last season and except for the hangover loved every second!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:03 pm

was around 32 deg and 90% humidity for most of the weekend , including the night.

If your going just for the GP i would go somewhere else as the Singapore GP tends to be long with no real action, The first turn chicane are the best seats.

Sadly there really was not alot going on apart from the racing, no cars on display, very limited merch stands, etc. Nothing like what you would expect at Clipsal. There was probably more F1 related stuff on Orchard Rd ( well away from the circuit " then actually inside the gates.

The novelty of a night GP very quickly wore off off IMO.

However if your looking to enjoy other things Singapore has to offer then its definitely a worthy trip!

Going to stick to proper circuits in future IMO, looking into Bahrain depending on dates.

sorry to thread hijack

Return to “World Football”