Serie A thread

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Serie A thread

Postby shinAUFC Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:22 pm

Probably wont be the most popular but im onboard :)

Brilliante subbed off in the first 30 minutes of his league debut ....early days. Interestingly playing for Amor's old club.

Milan v Lazio is probably the big one tonight, not sure if Torres is in italy yet to play this one ....i think he may do well in italy.
Last edited by shinAUFC on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Serie A 14/15

Postby EdDog Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:07 pm

Brilliante subbed off in the first 30 minutes of his league debut ....early days.
I do not rate this guy. I'm interested in how he managed to get signed. Must be a gun at training.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 am

Brilliante subbed off in the first 30 minutes of his league debut ....early days.
I do not rate this guy. I'm interested in how he managed to get signed. Must be a gun at training.
honestly i never noticed him in the Aleague last season. but the italians seem impressed. He apparently boss'd the midfield all through preseason.

Lazio 1 Milan 3 (Honda scored the opener)
Atalanta nil verona nil :(
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:40 pm

He was Newcastle's player of the season. He must have been good considering Taggart was the HAL's top scorer.

He's got a good shot on him as well

Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:57 pm

It was the beard that did it.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Good work Shin opening this thread, i'm onboard with you lol

Tipping Roma to win the title this season.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:41 am

Roma fan ?

Hmm an atalanta and roma fan in on this thread .....could be interesting .
http://cdn.corrieredellosport.it/images ... e_obig.jpg

Thats an atalanta player driving the tank lmao
Adam

Postby Adam Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:30 am

Roma fan ?

Hmm an atalanta and roma fan in on this thread .....could be interesting .
http://cdn.corrieredellosport.it/images ... e_obig.jpg

Thats an atalanta player driving the tank lmao
Haha nah i'm a Napoli fan :)

I just really rate Roma's team and i think Rudi Garcia is an amazing coach.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:59 am

I'm a Roma fan :blowkiss:

Will be a good battle between us and Juve for the title this year. Wish our UCL group was better though as I think we could do some damage there as well.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Will be a good battle between us and Juve for the title this year. Wish our UCL group was better though as I think we could do some damage there as well.
May your car be driven over by a tank :P

Out of curiosity how did you guys come to support these clubs? Family heritage? Style? etc

Quite often there is a good story attached to the reason someone from the opposing side of the world supports a certain club.
Adam

Postby Adam Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Out of curiosity how did you guys come to support these clubs? Family heritage? Style? etc

Quite often there is a good story attached to the reason someone from the opposing side of the world supports a certain club.
Yeah family heritage for me! My dad was born in Naples.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:34 pm

Yeah family heritage for me! My dad was born in Naples.
I'm of Italian heritage but my "local club" Triestina has been a basket case for years. One day they might get a wealthy enough owner and keep themselves viable but at the moment they're in Serie D and virtually impossible to follow. A team that plays a pretty nice 30,000 seat stadium in a city that's one of the larger ones in Italy should be able to do better but I digress :)

Why Roma? Well I couldn't support Udinese as they're the traditional rivals. A relative got me some AS Roma merch when I was a kid so I started taking note of them and really liked they way they played their football. Totti came on the scene soon after and it was sealed for me. Such an amazing player and it was the weirdest feeling when he slotted that penalty against us in 2006!

How did you come to support Atalanta?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:59 pm

My wife is born and raised in Milan, but also had a family home/ friends in Bergamo. She is an inter fan (as is the rest of her family ). Im not italian at all btw (maltese)

Atalanta v Roma was the first serie A game i saw live (about a foot of snow fell during the 90 minutes). Obviously atalanta and roma have a huge rivalry.

I had really good interactions with their fans the numerous times ive visited so it was easy for me to get attached.

The town of Bergamo reminds me alot of Adelaide and even the club has a similar attitude being a family friendly peoples club.

I tried to support Inter ( it would have been easier as everyone i know over there are inter fans ) but theres no emotional attachment for me. Im just not someone who can pick a club and start caring if they win or lose.
Last edited by shinAUFC on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:07 pm

One thing that has me scratching my head is 2nd generation italian australians who's heritage is Calabrese but support Inter or Juventus .

The best one ive heard is a guy tell me he is is part sicilian and supports Juventus......its hard enough to get a sicilian to even admit he is italian let alone support juve
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Empoli v roma

Napoli v chievo

Cagliari v atalanta

Return to “World Football”