English premier league thread

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: English premier league 2014/15

Postby sevengoals Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Enjoying it while it lasts.

:D
How sweet it is!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:20 am

well, I think this season is already decided. 7 point gap for Chelsea as man city fail to deliver at home again
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:39 pm

if anyone says A-league refs are bad, just watch Chelsea v burnley from this morning.
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Yeah I watched that this arvo, it's definitely not endemic to the A-League.

Couple of stone wall penalties missed plus a potential leg breaker on Matic.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Yeah I watched that this arvo, it's definitely not endemic to the A-League.

Couple of stone wall penalties missed plus a potential leg breaker on Matic.
I was fuming at the challenge Matic and don't blame him for reacting like he did. If the ref wont protect you then you have to let the guy know he crossed the line. the penalties were so obvious it's not funny.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon May 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Chelsea, deserved winners. Jose mmourinho, the special one!
shinAUFC

Re: English premier league thread

Postby shinAUFC Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:07 pm

EPL finally back on sat night woohooo
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:13 pm

I think im gonna make a real effort this season to support a team in the EPL. I wont be able to watch too many games but I've never really gotten behind a team so never followed it closely.

I've chosen to follow Arsenal, any gunners fans on here care to give me a heads up of what I'm getting myself in for?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:46 pm

I think im gonna make a real effort this season to support a team in the EPL. I wont be able to watch too many games but I've never really gotten behind a team so never followed it closely.

I've chosen to follow Arsenal, any gunners fans on here care to give me a heads up of what I'm getting myself in for?
I know what you mean.

I generally follow liverpool as i had a fanatical liverpool teacher in primary school and it just stuck with me.

All though i still find it hard to really care if they play bad. Im def a fake liverpool fan though because i really appreciate how everton run their club also haha.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:44 am

Nice to see Bournemouth playing some good football. Against Villa who aren't that flash, but hey, you can only play the team in front of you.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:35 am

Nice to see Bournemouth playing some good football. Against Villa who aren't that flash, but hey, you can only play the team in front of you.
I'm so sick of seeing clubs yo yo between the EPL and the Championship so its nice to see Bournemouth up. Man Utd is my club but I'll be rooting for Bournemouth as well.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:32 am

I'm so sick of seeing clubs yo yo between the EPL and the Championship so its nice to see Bournemouth up. Man Utd is my club but I'll be rooting for Bournemouth as well.
I think they may be everyones second team this season.

If they can stay up this season ( i dont think they will ) they may be able to establish themselves.

It also goes to show some of the stadiums aleague clubs play in are rediculously big when you have a club with an 11k stadium. Would be great for a few stadiums like this to pop up in aus.
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:42 pm

I was watching the opening day on foxsports, and they mentioned that out of the 116 seasons Bournemouth have played, 110 have been in the 3rd and 4th tier. Fantastic for Bournemouth to be in the EPL. Even if they go down this season, it will be a season to remember, they will be the envy of a lot of lower league clubs that thought it would never see the day a club like Bournemouth would be in the PL.

Also had a 4-leg multi on the opening round........Chelsea let me down.....ugghhh
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:48 pm

I was watching the opening day on foxsports, and they mentioned that out of the 116 seasons Bournemouth have played, 110 have been in the 3rd and 4th tier. Fantastic for Bournemouth to be in the EPL. Even if they go down this season, it will be a season to remember, they will be the envy of a lot of lower league clubs that thought it would never see the day a club like Bournemouth would be in the PL.

Also had a 4-leg multi on the opening round........Chelsea let me down.....ugghhh
I wonder if they are just going to pocket the TV money and work on building the club up that way.
$100m or whatever it is could go a very long way for a club like that.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:52 pm

I think they may be everyones second team this season.

If they can stay up this season ( i dont think they will ) they may be able to establish themselves.

It also goes to show some of the stadiums aleague clubs play in are rediculously big when you have a club with an 11k stadium. Would be great for a few stadiums like this to pop up in aus.
Yeah for sure!

Bournemouth's stadium isn't exactly new or modern looking, but its simple and functional, probably cheap. Thats what A-League clubs need.

Return to “World Football”