English premier league thread

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Futbol_Crazy21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: English premier league thread

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Nice to see Bournemouth playing some good football. Against Villa who aren't that flash, but hey, you can only play the team in front of you.
I'm so sick of seeing clubs yo yo between the EPL and the Championship so its nice to see Bournemouth up. Man Utd is my club but I'll be rooting for Bournemouth as well.
I was watching the opening day on foxsports, and they mentioned that out of the 116 seasons Bournemouth have played, 110 have been in the 3rd and 4th tier. Fantastic for Bournemouth to be in the EPL. Even if they go down this season, it will be a season to remember, they will be the envy of a lot of lower league clubs that thought it would never see the day a club like Bournemouth would be in the PL.

Also had a 4-leg multi on the opening round........Chelsea let me down.....ugghhh
I wonder if they are just going to pocket the TV money and work on building the club up that way.
$100m or whatever it is could go a very long way for a club like that.
I imagine they will. They've spent 19 million so far on players. If they can manage the wages properly, it should go into sustaining the club long term. You'd hope at least.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:51 pm

There is lots of room around the stadium to build something bigger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Court

Maybe they'll look at that.

Brighton's ground only cost them £93m to build.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falmer_Stadium
Time to Djbate!
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:03 am

I've chosen to follow Arsenal, any gunners fans on here care to give me a heads up of what I'm getting myself in for?
Hope, quickly crushed by disappointment.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:04 am

Haha. So just like following AUFC then? Lol
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:50 am

I'm not a gunners fan but yeah something like that :)
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:36 pm

Nice to see Bournemouth playing some good football. Against Villa who aren't that flash, but hey, you can only play the team in front of you.
I'm so sick of seeing clubs yo yo between the EPL and the Championship so its nice to see Bournemouth up. Man Utd is my club but I'll be rooting for Bournemouth as well.
I was watching the opening day on foxsports, and they mentioned that out of the 116 seasons Bournemouth have played, 110 have been in the 3rd and 4th tier. Fantastic for Bournemouth to be in the EPL. Even if they go down this season, it will be a season to remember, they will be the envy of a lot of lower league clubs that thought it would never see the day a club like Bournemouth would be in the PL.

Also had a 4-leg multi on the opening round........Chelsea let me down.....ugghhh
I wonder if they are just going to pocket the TV money and work on building the club up that way.
Yeah hopefully they use the money wisely.

Some clubs who enter the premier league are unrealistic and soend their money chasing shadows and get relegated with nothing much to show for it.

Hopefully they can use their money wisely so even if they go down which is most probable they can still build from that.

Is it really $100million they get for being in the prem ? If so thats great for them particularly as they have not made many big signings so the bulk of the money can help establish the club for the long term.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:16 pm

I'm not sure exactly on the figure but I'm sure is something ridiculous like that.
Crazy that a club can earn that sort of cash just for being promoted but last time I heard that clubs that win the UCL only make about $25m in prize money.
Its one of the only times where its unfair and it doesn't go in the big club's favour.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Yeah hopefully they use the money wisely.

Some clubs who enter the premier league are unrealistic and soend their money chasing shadows and get relegated with nothing much to show for it.

Hopefully they can use their money wisely so even if they go down which is most probable they can still build from that.

Is it really $100million they get for being in the prem ? If so thats great for them particularly as they have not made many big signings so the bulk of the money can help establish the club for the long term.
This incredible sum of money means the club that finishes bottom of the Premier League in the 2016-17 season will pocket £99m.
The champions will earn more than £150m in prize money and that is before additional fees are paid to clubs who stage more TV matches than others.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31386483
More like $200m aud, minimum!
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:59 pm

It also means that all 20 Premier League clubs could break into the top 30 richest clubs in the world - currently they all occupy a place in the top 40. Burnley are richer than Ajax.
Fuark!
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Why do people think this is the case? Is it because its the biggest league that's in a country with a stable(ish) economy?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:51 pm

It also means that all 20 Premier League clubs could break into the top 30 richest clubs in the world - currently they all occupy a place in the top 40. Burnley are richer than Ajax.
Fuark!
Which IMO is pathetic that these clubs make the money they do yet rarely do well in the UEL.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Why do people think this is the case? Is it because its the biggest league that's in a country with a stable(ish) economy?
How do they define rich though ?

Assets? Turnover ? Profit ? Wealth of their holding company ?

How does one define how wealthy melbourne city to melbourne victory. Such a simple question of who is the richest get very murky the deeper you look imo.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:18 pm

What aspect are you referring to exactly? The TV deal itself or the reason why Burnley is "richer" than Ajax?
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:20 pm

I guess they both go hand in hand, better tv deal, better sponsorship, more stability, more money.
Philby Ramone
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: little red rooster

Postby Philby Ramone Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:58 pm

I think im gonna make a real effort this season to support a team in the EPL. I wont be able to watch too many games but I've never really gotten behind a team so never followed it closely.

I've chosen to follow Arsenal, any gunners fans on here care to give me a heads up of what I'm getting myself in for?
I'm a Palace supporter (born there and spent my early years in South London), but I follow Arsenal when Palace is in the lower leagues and not on TV. It's funny, but Palace finished 10th last year and I was ecstatic, but if Arsenal had finished 10th it would have been miserable.

I would suggest getting behind a team that is not one of the big 5. If you are intent on one of the big 5 Liverpool will break your heart most, then Arsenal. Man City and Chelsea aren't even English Teams. Man U you have to respect, but they are a bit like Collingwood.

Of the London clubs Id put West Ham in a similar category to Adelaide.

Stoke is a bit like Adelaide under Vidmar.
Newcastle is like Adelaide under Kossie.

Just making conversation .....
Is it...?

Return to “World Football”