Gary Neville

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Gary Neville

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Being a Man Utd fan I wasn't always a massive fan of his, but now he has retired and joined Sky Sports I couldn't not rate the man more highly.
I don't know how much exposure you guys in Australia have to him on the EPL but the man just speaks so much sense. In such a basic way he calls on his own experience and delivers it is a smart yet easily understandable way.
The frank and honest way he breaks down this issue of diving highlights how if he's on TV now I shut up and listen.
I watch this then compare it to the dribble Australian football fans have to generally put up with, its no comparison. Gary brings everyone to the party of knowledgable, intelligent and common sence football.
Time to Djbate!
Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Gary Neville

Postby Interloper Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:31 am

That was an excellent summary. Shame he stopped short of placing more blame on "No dive = no foul" refereeing, which i feel is the elephant in the room with this issue.

Also the "it's all the imports fault" comment was unnecessary.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Take note fox sports.

This sports day type watered down commentating is rubbish. Football newcomers or seasoned fan would all take something out of that segment.

Instead of getting on the Jeronimo bandwagon Fox pundits could have reviewed 100 other incidents this season where players have gone down easy .

I dont think diving is a problem here, instead i feel the issue is the general public does not quite understand the game enough to see it for what it is.

Im in the Craig Foster boat on this one, commentators and the media are the ones who teach the game to the fans.

top link stuckey
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:30 pm

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:41 pm

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
Exactly
I feel in the end your club pays your wages and your fans are the ones you want to keep happy. Opposition fans are gonna hate on you regardless of what you do, so I say dive at will! Earn my sides a penalty!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “World Football”