Inter set to leave San Siro

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Inter set to leave San Siro

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Inter have reportedly taken the first steps towards building their own stadium, with the intention of moving into their new home in time for the 2016-17 season.
The Nerazzurri currently share the Giuseppe Meazza with city rivals AC Milan, but il Corriere dello Sport claims president Massimo Moratti is keen to follow the example set by Juventus, who have reaped enormous benefits both on and off the field since moving into their own arena last
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/ser ... ium-report

Having been to see Inter play at the San Siro I couldn't agree more that they need to leave. Sure its an icon but the stadium is way past it. Much in need of a revamp.
I'm surprised its taken this long for these massive clubs in Italy to address stadium ownership. I would have thought with the money they throw around (although it seems to be drying up a lot of late) that they would own their own stadiums.
Time to Djbate!
Adam
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Inter set to leave San Siro

Postby Adam Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Yeah agreed, very good move by Inter to build their own stadium. Juventus are already reaping the rewards big time after just 1 year in their new stadium.

Return to “World Football”