Thanks Torres!

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Thanks Torres!

Postby Stuckey Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:36 pm

First off I will say I'm not a Chelsea fan.
But I am just loving see Torres return to form! The guy when he started a Liverpool was knocking in goals for a lark. Then goes to Chelsea and not only can't score but IMO got the knocked out of last years Champions league because Ancelotti was probably made to pick him over Drogba. Now gets a lucky break with the clearance landing in his lap at the Nou Camp he takes the goal beautifully and the weight of £50m of expectation is lifted

and now he has knocked in a hatrick against QPR.
This is just one of the things I love about sport in general, real drama and real stories.
In an interview he has put his return to form down to nothing but hard work, and I would love to congratulate him on that if I got the chance.
Redemption is a beautiful thing. But it only comes from hard work and sacrifice. A great example of this is Mark Webbers reaction to winning his first Grand Prix in 2009. Skip thru the music to the 42 sec mark.

I also makes me think. My wife complains how I watch so much sport and hardly ever come to things like the theatre. To me the theatre is just a place where passion, drama, hate, pain, fear, joy, mateship, extacy and triumph are manufactured sport is where those emotions are created.
I reckon in my life I have hugged my old man three or four times ever. Not that we don't get on or anything we're just not huggers. But we hugged like never before after this.

And going by the reaction of Fozzie I haven't heard him that happy since then either!
So I say Thank you Fernando Torres for giving me another piece of beautiful drama that makes me love this game and remind me of so many other beautiful moments in sport.

Time to Djbate!

Return to “World Football”