Leckie watch

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

leeds4eva
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Re: Leckie

Postby leeds4eva Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Mathew Leckie was one of the substitutes introduced for the second half and he put Borussia 2-1 up with his first touch of the ball. The Australian left Gonzalez no chance with a well-placed curling effort that found the right-hand corner of the goal. Leckie added much more pep to Borussia's attacking play and they now clearly had the upper hand.
Source
"The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes, that's a fact. Everything else is pure theory."
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Mathew Leckie was one of the substitutes introduced for the second half and he put Borussia 2-1 up with his first touch of the ball. The Australian left Gonzalez no chance with a well-placed curling effort that found the right-hand corner of the goal. Leckie added much more pep to Borussia's attacking play and they now clearly had the upper hand.
Source
Thats exactly what he did for us!
We are UNITED, after all....
leeds4eva

Postby leeds4eva Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 pm

True that! Can't wait to see him tear it up in the U-20 World Cup at the end of this month! :D
"The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes, that's a fact. Everything else is pure theory."
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:23 pm

True that! Can't wait to see him tear it up in the U-20 World Cup at the end of this month! :D
Thought he wasn't playing?
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Thought he wasn't playing?
I think Viddie wanted to select him for the U23 matches but he decided to stay and do the munchingladbag pre-season.
As far as I'm aware he'll go to the WC
Time to Djbate!
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Cool.
Cassio!!

Postby Cassio!! Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:49 pm

5:00

he was too busy looking at the crowd when leckie scored his 2nd
leeds4eva

Postby leeds4eva Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:01 am

After the game Moenchengladbach boss Lucien Favre told the club's website he was impressed with what he saw in Leckie.

“He has speed and power - that was important for me to see, because that can make all the difference in the Bundesliga," Favre said.

“Mathew is from Australia and still has much to learn. With an opponent on his back he struggled to maintain the ball. But I have seen many good things from him.”

Favre added he felt Leckie could have easily got a hat-trick after being hauled down late on.

"On a solo run he was fouled, otherwise he would be running up alone on goal and might have scored another,” Favre said.
leeds4eva

Postby leeds4eva Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:02 am

Melbourne-born Leckie, who is still uncapped for the Socceroos, said he was delighted to find the back of the net for his new club.

"It's a nice feeling to score for the first time for my new club,” Leckie said.

“In the other warm-up games I had missed a few chances, so that makes me more pleased that it has now worked out.”

Moenchengladbach's first competitive game of the season is on July 29 in the first round of the German DFB Pokal against third tier Jahn Regensburg.
Source
philthy

Postby philthy Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:04 pm

Not sure if leckie is playing but Fc Porto v borussia mönchengladbach friendly is on around 3am,you can find a stream here
http://www.freefootball.org/upcomingtv.php
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Let me open a can of worms.

Would an inform leckie get a starting spot at adelaide united this season , asuming that both slory and vidosic were also in form.

IMO knowing the quality of both slory and vidosic, even leckie could not get in the starting 11, let alone a travis dodd.... Times are changing
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:31 am

Let me open a can of worms.

Would an inform leckie get a starting spot at adelaide united this season , asuming that both slory and vidosic were also in form.

IMO knowing the quality of both slory and vidosic, even leckie could not get in the starting 11, let alone a travis dodd.... Times are changing
If you look at the start of the season when AU were firing and Leckie was a main component of that compared to when we fell in a hole Leckie was injured. He was a crutial part of our side last year and IMO Leckie's position was his to lose if he was still with AU. Vidosic would start the season on the bench for Leckie. But they are very different players so it is hard to judge.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:50 am

How can you say if all three were fit and in form leckie would have his spot in the 11?

Imo leckie is one demensional much like ramsay, both slory and vidosic are much more complete players. They offer so much more then leckie currently does , imo leckie would have become an impact player off the bench .

Im merely trying to point out how far the league and the club improves each year
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:00 am

I think Leckie has his limits and is (was?) a little unpolished but he's far from one dimensional, he's a good winger but I recall him also doing very well up front when he had to lead the line.

Slory I still don't want to pass judgement on, saw some bits and pieces from him last season and he obviously has class based on his history in the Netherlands but we haven't seen him hit his straps yet. Hopefully he lives up to expectations but we can't take it for granted that he's going to dominate the league
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:05 am

Yeah absolutely right with slory tbh. He hasnt yet shown us his worth .

Which is why i said if all 3 were in form and healthy, ( purely a hypothetical)

Return to “World Football”