Scottish referee's strike

The beautiful game is played in every country.
Discuss football around the world.

Moderator: Moderators Group

David Votoupal
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Scottish referee's strike

Postby David Votoupal Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:44 pm

As you'd know, there's been a referee's strike in Scotland, in which the weekend's SPL games had to be refereed by foreign officials while the First, Second and Third Division fixtures were wiped out by the strike.

Let's not kid here- Scottish refereeing IS terrible, worse even than the (poor) standard of football there. But Celtic and Neil Lennon have put themselves in a very bad light with their outbursts.

It doesn't help Scottish football one bit when they've huge problems to deal with already.
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Re: Scottish referee's strike

Postby Agostinho Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:13 pm

But Celtic and Neil Lennon have put themselves in a very bad light with their outbursts.
Two words - Dougie McDonald
#WeAreUnited
Ray
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Ray Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:54 am

King Billy - if you're wondering where your post went, the term that you used to describe Celtic fans is not acceptable on here, I say that as someone of Ulster Protestant background and a Rangers fan.

For mine the blame is to be placed firmly at the door of Celtic and their supporters. The "always cheated, never defeated" paranoid mentality is running rampant at the San Giro and Reid, Lawell & Lennon are happy to feed it to distract from poor performances on and off the pitch. The attacks and harassment of referees and their families is coming from one direction, everyone knows who, but the media are too afraid to say. McDonald shouldn't have told a half truth in the way that he did but the SFA should've suspended him for 3 games or so and then that probably would've ended the matter. The fact remains, on the pitch McDonald got the decision right. Instead, Celtic have been able use this to pursue their ridiculous conspiracy theories. If the SFA are so busy persecuting Celtic then how have they won the SFA's Cup competition more than anyone else?
King_Billy

Postby King_Billy Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:44 pm

King Billy - if you're wondering where your post went, the term that you used to describe Celtic fans is not acceptable on here, I say that as someone of Ulster Protestant background and a Rangers fan.
Fair call, ill have to remember that there are actually rules here (unlike 442)
For mine the blame is to be placed firmly at the door of Celtic and their supporters. The "always cheated, never defeated" paranoid mentality is running rampant at the San Giro and Reid, Lawell & Lennon are happy to feed it to distract from poor performances on and off the pitch. The attacks and harassment of referees and their families is coming from one direction, everyone knows who, but the media are too afraid to say. McDonald shouldn't have told a half truth in the way that he did but the SFA should've suspended him for 3 games or so and then that probably would've ended the matter. The fact remains, on the pitch McDonald got the decision right. Instead, Celtic have been able use this to pursue their ridiculous conspiracy theories. If the SFA are so busy persecuting Celtic then how have they won the SFA's Cup competition more than anyone else?
Pretty sure that's what I said, just in fewer words :mrgreen:
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story.
David Votoupal

Postby David Votoupal Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:59 pm

I'd probably be the most Catholic person on here (that's not news if you know me lol) but I have no time for the hate-filled political agenda set by a certain fringe of Celtic fans or anybody else.

Lennon and Celtic are fast becoming parodies of themselves, crying persecution. But it's fair to say that paranoid refereeing conspiracy theories are far from exclusive to Celtic- look at how Hearts fans still refer to St. Mirren as "St. Liedown" and "St. Bribery" because of 1986.
Dermot
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Flores
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling Along

Postby Dermot Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm Catholic too David, and I support Celtic as well. However I won't comment any further because I have been a tad controversial to say the least in the past on the old message board forum.
Having said that I get on well with the rangers fans that support Adelaide United, and as supporters we should remember to keep it that way.
Easier said than done I know but we are here in good old Adelaide and at least this season we have something to cheer about.

Return to “World Football”