Coronavirus Football Cancellations

Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy

Coronavirus Football Cancellations

Postby blahblah Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:14 am

The Chinese FA has cancelled all football at all levels.

The Chinese Super League was scheduled to begin Feb 22 however that will not be possible.

To date only China has cancelled games. It is not clear as yet as to whether Chinese teams will be allowed to travel to play out of China in the ACL, either in away games or as hosts in a neutral venue.
blahblah

Re: Coronavirus Football Cancellations

Postby blahblah Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:09 am

The ACL games with Chinese teams in Australia appear to be off for now as Shanghai Shenua have not been able to travel to Perth for their match. The match in Sydney is likley to suffer the same fate.

It is a real pity for Perth who are in decent form and no doubt keen to take on the Chinese out West.

It will be a chaotic time for the AFC as solutions are sought.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:57 am

All of the ACL games involving Chinese teams have been moved to April onwards. Beijing Goan may have an out for their first game in Thailand as they have been training in South Korea.

The Chinese women's team should be playing today against Thailand after their quarantine period expires. They have 3 matches in 6 days though so it won't be easy for them.

Vietnam has also just placed a blanket ban on football in the country. Hence two AFC Cup games have been swtiched to the away sides. No news as to how long this will last however it affects the V,League.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:49 pm

I personally can't see how ACL is going to work this season if Corona virus is taken into consideration.

Im very sceptical about countries like Indonesia , Thailand, Vietnam, Laos etc and their ability or willingness to screen for the virus. Which is understandable, their economies rely of tourism and at the end of the day Corona virus is just another flu that the vast majority of people will have processed within a week. Infact I actually have to question why we are making such a fuss about the Corona virus with such large amounts of traffic travelling to and from these destinations and being totally unscreened.

I was in Bali just prior to the self imposed Chinese travel ban. Bali receives the highest percentage of its visitors from china than any other country. So the chances that Corona virus was already in Bali is incredibly high.

I ended up with catching something and very quickly it turned into pneumonia ( which is a yearly happening for me so not out of the ordinary at all ). The concern for Corona virus from Indonesian doctors was very low with only a few passing questions and they did not have the facilities to test for it anyway.

I think its highly likely the virus is widespread through SE asia and Australia already. Happy to be proven wrong though.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah

Postby blahblah Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 am

I personally can't see how ACL is going to work this season if Corona virus is taken into consideration.

It will be interesting to see what they do. The AFC just announced all AFC Cup matches in East Asia will be suspended until April.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:01 am

Panama cancelled their March 30 meeting with Thailand.

Return to “Football Asia”