Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: 2017 Asian Champions League

Postby blahblah Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:26 am

Urawa completed wiped the floor with the Wanderers and Muangthong played well against Brisbane for their point.

Shanghai's away win against Seoul was bit of surprise.
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Asian Champions League

Postby bpowell454 Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:49 am

Urawa completed wiped the floor with the Wanderers and Muangthong played well against Brisbane for their point.

WSW only shot of the game was at 93 mins from about 30 yards out, went about 10 metres over the goal.

0-4
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Asian Champions League

Postby Stuckey Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:02 am

WSW only shot of the game was at 93 mins from about 30 yards out, went about 10 metres over the goal.

0-4
After the week WSW have had. I've got to say that's a little bit of justice right there.

:lol:
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:00 am

Hammered again!

Ulsan Hyundai (Kor) 6 - 0 Brisbane Roar (Aus)

Shanghai SIPG (Chn) 5 - 1 WS Wanderers (Aus)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:05 am

The A-League clubs have been on the receiving end of some serious shellackings.

Our old mates from Uzbekistan, Bunyodkor, went down 2-3 to Al-Ain as well :(

Oddly enough I get the feeling we may go ok tonight as our squad seems to be gelling. The Kim effect?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:29 am

Hammered again!

Ulsan Hyundai (Kor) 6 - 0 Brisbane Roar (Aus)

Shanghai SIPG (Chn) 5 - 1 WS Wanderers (Aus)
Wow. If the FFA needed an indication the HAL has gone backwards they have it.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Bozza and rudan getting stuck in again calling it a dark day for aussie football. I disagree, its a simple case of economics.

There is big money in china, korea, japan and even thailand. Their best players do not leave for europe apart from the absolute elite like kagawa and honda instead they stay in asia and contribute to their leagues depth.

Then their mid teir players rarely seek a move overseas until their career is on the slide, take aufcs current import Kim for example.

Now compare this to australia, our half promising youth leave for europe upon the first offer they get. Our mid tier players are chasing big money in asia and our best are all in europe.

The only way this will change is if more money comes to aussie football and filters into the clubs. We ARE NOT behind these ither countries interms of football quality, but infrastructure and investment we are lacking.

If every aussie who was not playing in one of the top 5 leagues came back home to the aleague we would be very competitive in asia.

Rudes and bozza need to compare apples with apples.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Well said Shin. Its not just that their better players are playing in their leagues but also the fact that the teams are more stable and are not changing half their players every year or two - this is a huge benefit for team cohesion and effectiveness as a unit.

No way is our side in the ACL the same one that won the A-League last season, which is a huge shame.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:12 pm

WSW and we are struggling in the A-league, no where the teams of last season.
Brisbane is a mid table A-league team this season, a long way behind the top two and probably Perth as well.

Still Brisbane managed a great result to get to the group stage even though they got thrashed last night.

I think the current Sydney team would do much better as would our team and WSW's team from last season.

I don't think there is any need to panic but there is a need to keep working hard to ensure the A-league keeps improving.
I am Scott
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:29 pm

We need more games and more clubs.
Simple.
FFA is failing to deliver.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:08 pm

Bozza and rudan getting stuck in again calling it a dark day for aussie football. I disagree, its a simple case of economics.

There is big money in china, korea, japan and even thailand. Their best players do not leave for europe apart from the absolute elite like kagawa and honda instead they stay in asia and contribute to their leagues depth.

Then their mid teir players rarely seek a move overseas until their career is on the slide, take aufcs current import Kim for example.

Now compare this to australia, our half promising youth leave for europe upon the first offer they get. Our mid tier players are chasing big money in asia and our best are all in europe.

The only way this will change is if more money comes to aussie football and filters into the clubs. We ARE NOT behind these ither countries interms of football quality, but infrastructure and investment we are lacking.

If every aussie who was not playing in one of the top 5 leagues came back home to the aleague we would be very competitive in asia.

Disagree sorry. Those leagues have been holding their players back due to high wages for sometime not just the last couple of seasons. HAL clubs have shown they can match it many times in the past. Obviously this is a one off, but I think its an indication that the standard of HAL clubs (which are obviously made up of local players) isn't progressing the same as other leagues (which is also made up of local players generally).
Just like how the youth NTs continue to decline. As do HAL clubs in Asia.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Strange thing is that ever since I've dragged myself from the sea-side drinking establishment to the sea-side house (Tarawa is about 500m at its widest) we've looked like the side in ascendancy.

EDIT: Not only did I post this in the wrong thread, Elrich 'scored' a soon as I tried to edit it. Perhaps for the sake of the team I shall stay here :)
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:39 pm

Oh bugger, 2-0. I'm moving.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:17 am

Disagree sorry. Those leagues have been holding their players back due to high wages for sometime not just the last couple of seasons. HAL clubs have shown they can match it many times in the past. Obviously this is a one off, but I think its an indication that the standard of HAL clubs (which are obviously made up of local players) isn't progressing the same as other leagues (which is also made up of local players generally).
Only 2 coubs have been succesful in acl from aus and bith aufc and wsw played defensive counter attacking football and more often than not found a way to win despite being outplayed.

When aussie teams strive to play good football in acl and win by doing so then i think its a fair assesment
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:32 pm

Only 2 coubs have been succesful in acl from aus and bith aufc and wsw played defensive counter attacking football and more often than not found a way to win despite being outplayed.

When aussie teams strive to play good football in acl and win by doing so then i think its a fair assesment
I think BlahBlah would be better suited to answering this, but I would suggest that few sides that win the ACL do so playing attacking possession based football. Stout defending and clinical finishing often seems to be what gets the points in Asia.
So I don't think many sides in Asia would back themselves to maintain possession and pressure against the champion of China or Korea.
IMO the thing that mainly holds Australian clubs back is that lack of squad HAL clubs have. 23 players isn't enough to be competitive on two fronts. If HAL clubs sign 4-6 more players when they join the ACL I believe they would be far more competitive.
Personally I think this is a rule the FFA should allow. That once a club makes the ACL group stage they are able to sign 3 additional players for that season. Personally I wouldn't see this as a massive advantage for those clubs. It would just make the playing field fairer for the clubs taking part in the ACL.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Football Asia”