EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: China's plan for football domination could transform the

Postby EdDog Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Jackson is quality. This is outrageous.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:40 am

Pretty ridiculous that clubs the size of Liverpool are now getting out bid on players. Although IMO it says something about a player's priorities when they choose the CSL over the EPL.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:41 am

The limitation on the number of foreigners means the CSL clubs can make huge bids on individual players rather than having the spread it across the entire squad.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:50 am

The limitation on the number of foreigners means the CSL clubs can make huge bids on individual players rather than having the spread it across the entire squad.
I imagine it would over value the price of local players as well.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:09 am

Indeed. It poses a structural risk for the national side as local players have less incentive to go to the better leagues and fight for a position. This may hamper the development of players and may help explain why CSL sides can dominate the ACL yet the national side fail to overcome Hong Kong.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:14 am

Indeed. It poses a structural risk for the national side as local players have less incentive to go to the better leagues and fight for a position. This may hamper the development of players and may help explain why CSL sides can dominate the ACL yet the national side fail to overcome Hong Kong.
The same issue faces many of the Arab nations as well. Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran and Qatar all have talent at the junior level but generally seem to plateau after that.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Pretty ridiculous that clubs the size of Liverpool are now getting out bid on players. Although IMO it says something about a player's priorities when they choose the CSL over the EPL.
I dont agree stuckey.

If we want to talk about players priorities being pure then everyone would be playig for their hometown club. Football is a business and europe does not deserve the best simple because its europe.

Traditionally the money has been in europe but this does not mean these countries are standout footballing nations for example england has done nothing of note since 66 but apparently everyone should aim to play in the prem just because its the most popular.

Anything that people are saying about the chinese clubs can be applied to any other big spending club in the world but because its china suddenly everyone feels threatened.

People dont want to rock the status quo and want to tell themselves money is not the reason barca, real madrid, city etc are the big clubs in the world. This is delusional.

Why are people so uncomfortable with players earning big money in china instead of in europe? Playing in a league that represents 1.3 BILLION ( 1 in 7 people in the world live in china ) people that is rapidly expanding is surely a huge opportunity.

we talk about growing the game all over the world, but recent developments indicate most are selective as to where they want the game to grow.

No matter what happens, china will never be a football powerhouse until they are building their own national team from the ground up. Once they do they will probably create a couple of messi's and ronaldo's every generation, now that a scary thought.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Haha opened a can of worms there!

I'm more than happy to see players going to China for big money. That's why I've been sharing all these articles. I just feel in this isolated situation is disappointing for a player to turn down playing in one of the best leagues in the world to join the CSL.
For Texeira's case it would have been nicer to see him try and take the next step. Where as someone like Ramires has already been there and done that, to prove what he can do. I understand that no player goes anywhere for free and money always plays a big part of the decision. It would be interesting to see how much more money Jiangsu offered than Liverpool.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

China's plan for football domination could transform the HAL

Postby EdDog Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Just because China is buying all these big players doesn't mean all the money is there.

All the money is in England. EPL tv rights deal is astronomical.

China are picking up a big name here and there but that is all IMO.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:22 am

Just because China is buying all these big players doesn't mean all the money is there.

All the money is in England. EPL tv rights deal is astronomical.

China are picking up a big name here and there but that is all IMO.
Of course. Just like in South America now as well. Many big clubs there can afford to hold on to their best talent as well as lure fan favourites home. As we've seen with Tevez and Pato heading back there. There is also Russia with the Aznhi experiment and the MLS.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:57 pm

i wonder how well some of these guys had been scouted prior to being signed to fit into their clubs plans. Or if they were just signed to pump up the ego of the club?

For example, how many of these attacking mids being signed would provide better value and entertainment then someone like carussca who came in at a fraction of the cost.

With every boom follows a bust, the next 5 years in the csl will be very interesting.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:52 pm

i wonder how well some of these guys had been scouted prior to being signed to fit into their clubs plans. Or if they were just signed to pump up the ego of the club?

For example, how many of these attacking mids being signed would provide better value and entertainment then someone like carussca who came in at a fraction of the cost.

With every boom follows a bust, the next 5 years in the csl will be very interesting.
Yeah totally agree. Which why I find it crazy the CSL isn't raiding the HAL more. Players like Euge or Boogs for example would do very well in the right environment over there.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

China's plan for football domination could transform the HAL

Postby EdDog Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Yeah totally agree. Which why I find it crazy the CSL isn't raiding the HAL more. Players like Euge or Boogs for example would do very well in the right environment over there.
Is it because they would take up a foreigner spot which is usually reserved for the top class players? Perhaps they think they can get better elsewhere.

And we've all seen how comical it is that City have a foreigner keeper who is no better than the Aussie he replaced.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:22 pm

Is it because they would take up a foreigner spot which is usually reserved for the top class players? Perhaps they think they can get better elsewhere.

And we've all seen how comical it is that City have a foreigner keeper who is no better than the Aussie he replaced.
Yeah I guess they'd have a different mentality to running a club compared to an AU fan!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:44 pm

I think its may be a combination of competing ego's ( who can get the biggest name) plus chinese fans are surely starting to expect massive signings as a normal thing.

One thing is for sure, if the Chinese and a country of over a billion people cannot develope a once in a generation player in the next 10 years with a number of world class players to fill out a national team squad then all their spending has been a waste.

Return to “Football Asia”