Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

AFC President's Cup 2014

Postby blahblah Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:08 am

It is time for one of the more eclectic competitions in the official AFC calendar, the AFC President's Cup. For those unaware it is basically a competition for club champions from the bottom rung of the AFC. No Dordoi this year as the Kyrgyz competition has been elevated to AFC Cup status.

Once again I get to indulge in this competition having been to the finals in Tajikistan with Phnom Penh Crown in 2012 and to the Group Stage in the Philippines in 2013 to cheer on Dordoi. Group B is being fought out in the Philippines again with Ceres (Philippines), Asgabat (Turkmenistan), Tatung (Taiwan) and Rimyongsu (North Korea) taking to the pitch. In true AFC style we have no bloody idea as to where it is being played (hopefully Bohol or Manila) even though the competition kicks off in three weeks time.

Should be fun and I'll support the Turkmen and the nuclear armed Koreans for the hell of it.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: AFC President's Cup 2014

Postby Stuckey Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:46 pm

Considering the struggle the ACL gets for media attention I can't see this tournament getting much time on Fox sports news. I hope you enjoy it!
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: AFC President's Cup 2014

Postby blahblah Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 am

Considering the struggle the ACL gets for media attention I can't see this tournament getting much time on Fox sports news.
Straneg thing is, Stuckey, that the ACL gets good airtime out here as many of the games are shown live on Fox Sports and Star Sports. This year they have even shown a few of the AFC Cup games as well.

I agree though, the President's Cup is just too far down the radar though the local tv might show the games featuring Ceres.

Return to “Football Asia”