Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: 2013 Asian Champions League

Postby blahblah Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 am

The final is between Guangzhou Evergrande & FC Seoul. Evergrande have a ridiculous amount of money and have bought some very strong players and have simply dominated everyone thus far. Muriqui and Conca have slotted 21 goals between them throughout the ACL and have proven irresistable thus far.

FC Seoul will have greater depth in the middle of the park and neither of these players have come across a defender with the qualities of Cha Du-Ri. So I'm guessing they'll be testing Kim Chi-Woo down the other wing, though with a number of national appearances to his name he's no muppet either.

It is going to be an interesting tussle with bags of money vs depth & class. Moneybags Evergande go in as strong favourites however I think FC Seoul have enough over two legs if they can contain the Brazilian/Argentine striking duo, a feat no team has yet achieved.

One thing is certain, the ACL title will remain in the East 8)
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:43 pm

I hope FC Seoul win.

I havnt been following either team, but i just do not like the idea of a club winning ACL purely on how deep its pockets are when recruiting its foreigners.

ACL should be a showcase of the best players in the Asian confederation with the the foreigners complementing them.

I know thats probably just far too idealistic, but creates a stronger club/ international culture in asia. Just look at what Sth Korea and Japan have are achieving in both their league quality and standard of their national teams.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Not to sure about this two leg final. Although playing the final somewhere neutral in Asia is a big ask for fans to attend.
Time to Djbate!
greenlion
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby greenlion Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:10 am

[ACL Final] first leg FC Seoul 2-2 Guangzhou Evergrande

Attendance 55,501 with 15,000 Chinese fans, 6,600 of them travels from China, that breaks a record of travelling fans and the largest away fans groups in Asian club football.

Highlights
http://sports.cntv.cn/2013/10/26/VIDE13 ... 5243.shtml

TV Audience rating in China annunced by CSM at a average of 2.82%, hignest 3.92%, that means 85 million People watched the match in China

Edited by greenlionii: 29/10/2013 10:59:16 下午
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Attendance 55,501 with 15,000 Chinese fans, 6,600 of them travels from China, that breaks a record of travelling fans and the largest away fans groups in Asian club football.

Highlights

TV Audience rating in China annunced by CSM at a average of 2.82%, hignest 3.92%, that means 85 million People watched the match in China

You signed up to the forum just to post this?

Have you ever actually signed up to an australian football forum to talk about australian or are you always spruiking china?

Just curious , as im guessing you will disapear again until there is something else to gloat about
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Dont get me wrong though, its great that the game is thriving in asia
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:05 am

Highlights

So just in one country more people watched this game then 40 AFL Grand Finals. Why can't we wake up to this as a country!

As for the match 2-2 leaves the tie interestingly positioned. Evergrande definitely in the box seat though. 2nd leg 9th of November.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:14 am

You signed up to the forum just to post this?
To be fair, greenlion posted a few times before on the old forum.

2 away goals are going to be difficult to overcome, it is going to be a tough assignment for FC Seoul.

It was an entertaining match though and I hope that the return leg also exudes some flair.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Where are you GreenLion?! Champions! Well played and well funded Evergrande!
Time to Djbate!
greenlion

Postby greenlion Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:54 am

Where are you GreenLion?! Champions! Well played and well funded Evergrande!
I was pissed off when media says all of the bonus money spent by Guangzhou Evergrande's boss had earned back, the total bonus Guangzhou recieved from their boss, sponsorship and AFC are 157 million RMB (25.7637 million USD) during the whole ACL tournament, includes 1.5 m USD from AFC, but ticket revenue in ACL home matches reached 111 million RMB (18.2151 million USD), that's bullshit as the ticket price for the Final is ten times higher than group stage tickets that made it almost impossible for lower middle class fans to buy, really don't like that

BTW Eurosports 2 stream with English commentator

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjMzMjk4Mjk2.html
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Well you can't deny they aren't throwing a truckload of money at the squad to win the thing.

Do you know if Evergrande or other CSL sides with loads of money are putting any of it into player development as well?
Time to Djbate!
greenlion

Postby greenlion Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:11 am

Well you can't deny they aren't throwing a truckload of money at the squad to win the thing.

Do you know if Evergrande or other CSL sides with loads of money are putting any of it into player development as well?
Guangzhou Evergrande has a football academy with 2,300 students, it is reported that the club had spent 900 million RMB to 1,100 million RMB on the academy, that is about 150 million to 180 million USD, but Currentlly the best football academy in china is the one held by Shandong Luneng though.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:42 am

That is great to hear. Adelaide United has (or had) a sister club relationship with Shandong Luneng. I'm not sure what has come of that or if anything will? I think that is one for red out loud.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:57 pm

That is great to hear. Adelaide United has (or had) a sister club relationship with Shandong Luneng. I'm not sure what has come of that or if anything will? I think that is one for red out loud.
Who needs Shandong Luneng when uncle Josep has Lional, Pep and Andreas on speed dial lol .
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:22 am

Club World Cup kicks off tomorrow in Morocco. Given the performance of Guangzhou Evergrande I am hoping that our AFC rep tears into the opposition.

First up is regular African reps Al-Ahly on the 14th. The winner of that game gets to play Bayern Munich :shock:

Still, I'll be backing the ACL champs to rattle some cages in the tournament.

Return to “Football Asia”