Ricardo Quaresma signs for Dubai-based Al Ahli

Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Ricardo Quaresma signs for Dubai-based Al Ahli

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 am

Former Barcelona and Porto winger Ricardo Quaresma has signed for Dubai-based Al Ahli on a free transfer following his release by Besiktas.

The 29-year-old Portugal international, who had recently been linked with a move to Liverpool, has agreed an 18-month deal with the five-time UAE League champions and will be formally presented this evening.
http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/8387632/

Never really understood the hype behind Quaresma. Clearly the guy could never play outside of Portugal. Why such big clubs blew so much money of this bloke left me scratching my head!
Time to Djbate!
double07
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Re: Ricardo Quaresma signs for Dubai-based Al Ahli

Postby double07 Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Thought he never did too much wrong while he was on loan at Chelsea but could never quite hold down a position. Was extremely one footed if I recall correctly, so maybe that's why.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Ricardo Quaresma signs for Dubai-based Al Ahli

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 am

Great gig if you can get it.

Get paid big to sit under an air conditioner in one of the most jaw dropping cities in the world with absolutely no comparative pressure to perform

On the flip side i have no idea why they even bother with these big international signings. (admittedly i havent seen a match from the UAE ) It seems nobody would even care.

The clubs attract 3 digit numbers to matches and i just dont see the the verification for signing these sort of players.

That is of course me thinking as a middle class citizen and not a filthy rich Sheikh who plays club is his version of Football Manager 12
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Football Asia”