Japan and Korea at the Olympics

Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Japan and Korea at the Olympics

Postby Stuckey Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:04 am

Firstly Japan Wow!

Otsu what a cracker! Personally I still think Australia are good enough to make 2014 but if you compare our olympic squad to Japan and Korea it makes sad reading.
One thing I have noticed especially with Japan that they have a lot of their squad abroad much like Australia. But the difference is that a decent amount of the Japanese players spent a couple of seasons longer in the J-league before making the move abroad. I think this allows players to grow and develop in a comfortable area instead of toughing it out in a foreign country. It makes me think that maybe HAL clubs need to hold on to their young stars like, Leckie, Burns, Bruce, Kruse and Amini before sending them off only to play bugger all football. We have the youth marquee avalible to clubs but as far as I know Gold Coast are the only club to use it with Minnicon which IMO was a failure.
I think youth development must be more of a priority for the FFA. Extending the NYL, allowing all clubs to field youth sides in local leagues, expanding squads to allow clubs to pick up more youth and encourage youth not to jump of the first offer they get from Europe.
I feel HAL clubs are waking up to the potential windfall promoting youth has but doing it just to make money in the transfer market isn't going to solve the problem.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Football Asia”