WCQ Asia - Group B

Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: WCQ Asia - Group B

Postby Stuckey Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Well will you look at that! Jordan thru 9-8 on penalties!
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:55 pm

Well will you look at that! Jordan thru 9-8 on penalties!
I watched the game. It went to extra-time, and in extra-time the lights went out for 18 minutes. Hence I started watching 10pm Philippines time and by the time they lined up for the penalties it was 1:10am.....and Star Sports switched their programme! Bloody hellfire.
Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby Interloper Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:21 am

This is where Uzbekistan usually exit and usually in bizarre circumstances. 8 years ago they lost to Bahrain at this stage, the first leg (1-0 to Uzbekistan) was replayed after the Bahrainis complained about a penalty decision *in their favour* because it apparently demonstrated the ref didn't actually know the rules.

edit: After re-reading up on this. It was the Uzbeks who complained about their 2nd goal, a penalty, being disallowed. An Uzbek player encroached and instead of the ref demanding a retake he gave an indirect free kick to Bahrain.

"8) Uzbekistan protested the decision of the referee in a written request, asking for the match to be "cancelled" and be evaluated with a 3-0 forfeit result;"

source
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:28 pm

I've been keeping half an eye on the Uzbeks for years. They really struggle to perform at home and I cannot help but wonder if it would be a good idea for them to play a home game in Samarkand or Namangan as they always seem to put themselves under pressure in Tashkent.

Weird thing about being the Philippines is the football on TV is rather eclectic. At the moment the only games you get live on cable are La liga, Eredivisie (kid you not, I probably see Tommy Oar in action every second week), one Russian game a week (CSKA playing now! You don't realise how bloody good Hindmarsh is until you see stadiums like CSKA's home ground - we are spoiled rotten), ACL and Asian World Cup & Asian Qualifiers. The local league is also now on the box when it is in season.

EPL is only shown in perhaps 5 or 6 bars in all of Manila. La Liga you can watch everywhere, including the slums.

Return to “Football Asia”