Drogba to quit Chelsea for Shanghai

Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Drogba to quit Chelsea for Shanghai

Postby Stuckey Wed May 23, 2012 1:59 am

Didier Drogba has confirmed he will quit Chelsea following his Champions League final heroics, according to reports in France. The striker has been quoted saying he informed his team-mates of his decision during the club's open-top bus paradeon Sunday after leading them to the greatest moment in their history on Saturday night.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... a-shanghai

I hope these guys make the ACL next season. Would be amazing to see Anelka and Drogba in Aus!
I wonder if the HAL will ever be able to get close to signing players of this calibre? Never say never but not in my life time I think!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Re: Drogba to quit Chelsea for Shanghai

Postby shinAUFC Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 am

Been saying it for a while.....europe is emploding asia is booming in financial circles

Sure theres limited visa spots in asian league but if the money is there so will the quality.

Its interesting though the difference between chinese and japanese. The japanese seem much more interested in their own players then attracting big names from europe.........dont it show
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed May 23, 2012 10:41 am

Its interesting though the difference between chinese and japanese. The japanese seem much more interested in their own players then attracting big names from europe.........dont it show
Certainly does.

The Chinese also go for big names, the Japanese for players that fit their team's structure.
double07
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Wed May 23, 2012 10:53 am

I wonder if the HAL will ever be able to get close to signing players of this calibre? Never say never but not in my life time I think!
Yeah he's reportedly got offers of $200k p/w so not in our lifetime :)
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed May 23, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah he's reportedly got offers of $200k p/w so not in our lifetime :)
We struggle with $200k p/year :(

On the bright side the memory of Corny and Rivaldo still burns bright.

Oh for the next edition, Mullen standing over Drogba B)
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed May 23, 2012 1:56 pm

I hope we dont ever get to the stage where we take declining stars into the league.

Prefer to nab that kid who just missed out on that big contract but has all the quality in the world and eagerness to win trophies.

Brisbane roar > melbourne victory
J/K league > CSL
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 23, 2012 5:18 pm

I'm happy for us to take players like Drogba would are still at the top of their game (if we could ever afford that) but I'll be more then happy if we don't do another Romario again. I agree in that department. I would much rather see us put the money into youth development, or finding our next Flores.

This splashing of cash on big name foreigners in China confused me though. I would think such a nationalistic country wouldn't rate foreign talent. I would think the government would be more interested in getting clubs to produce young talent making their national teams stronger.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:22 pm

SHANGHAI Shenhua has offered Didier Drogba $A313,000 a week to play for the club, a salary that would make him the best paid player in China, state media said Monday.

Reports say Drogba, who left Chelsea after helping them win the Champions League final against Bayern Munich last month, will join the Chinese Super League club and may announce the move later on Monday.

According to the official Oriental Morning Post, the two sides have already reached agreement ``in principle'' for a two-and-a-half-year contract.
Wow thats all I can say! I wonder how long it will be till a Chinese club signs a player in their 20's not a player declining. Not that Drogs is a has been still has plenty to offer and as long as he stays fit will dominate this league!
Considering how much players in the the 2nd and 3rd tier leagues in Europe get paid (Portugal, Belgium, The Netherlands, Greece and 2nd divisions on top countries) I'm surprised these clubs aren't making a play for them as well. As the HAL has seen with Broich and Berisha these players will come over for not a lot. (Not a lot being what the HAL clubs can pay)
Time to Djbate!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:56 am

All official now
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 am

Farken wow, shanghai and guangzhou have the chinese fa in their back pocket also.

The fa has changed the rules regarding visa players from 5 to 7 per club....MID SEASON!!

So sad ! In a country of 1.3 billion only 4 locals need to make the starting 11.

Chinese could be a super power but instead they want to be a retirement village and a huge joke

Return to “Football Asia”