Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

GA discovers Asia has money

Postby blahblah Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:01 pm

It seems that Graham Arnold is getting his excuses lined up nice and early :D .
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/lo ... 1ub2f.html

The fact is that Asia has a lot of cash, yes, and much of our talent can go there, yes.

It also means that professional athletes in Australia who choose football have a veritable buffet of regional options and the chance to significantly boost the coffers.

So how do we compete with Asia? We need to ensure that youth development is our primary focus and that as a result we have both the ability to replace players and depth that one extra Asian star in the 3+1 system will not provide.

After all, whilst you can have 4 superb imports on the pitch, you still need another 7 guys.

Bring on Bunyodkor B)
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Re: GA discovers Asia has money

Postby Agostinho Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 pm

The upside of course is that the transfer fees are likely to rise as the demand does. $900,000 for Griffiths?! Jesus.

The result? Better bottom line for the clubs and more investment into the local game.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the up coming TV deal. You would hope that the revenue to the clubs should cover the salary cap (perhaps this is ambitious but its a similar model to other codes). That would leave the clubs to cover their own operating costs and a marquee player which could hopefully be covered by inflated transfer fees.

I should run this fucking league.
#WeAreUnited
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:58 pm

The upside of course is that the transfer fees are likely to rise as the demand does. $900,000 for Griffiths?! Jesus.

The result? Better bottom line for the clubs and more investment into the local game.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the up coming TV deal. You would hope that the revenue to the clubs should cover the salary cap (perhaps this is ambitious but its a similar model to other codes). That would leave the clubs to cover their own operating costs and a marquee player which could hopefully be covered by inflated transfer fees.

I should run this fucking league.
I think the plan with the tv deal is that it will cover clubs salary cap and operationswill be up to the club, atleast this whats currently being thrown around.

I say let the asian clubs come!! More pathways for young players, more jobs , more money more opportunity. To me everyone wins!!

For example, take a look at the new australian baseball league (stay with me here)

The americans funded the league here in aus which just completed its second season. Now australia has always had good ball players but so many fell through the gaps. I played with one guy who made underage national teams but ended up playing for collingwood in the afl.

In the past 2 years there have been a boom of aussies signing to major league clubs and playing professionally in the minors.

Had the league not been set up and pathways not layed down then most of these guys would have been at your local construction site etc, instead they have a genuine chance of one day playing in the majors .

What im saying here is this is proof the league is serving its purpose and as the league evolves maybe we can hang onto to them longer.

So imo should is a reason to smile and not to feel the sky is falling in
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:00 pm

I guess it is sad to see Aussies go to Asia over staying in the HAL and making it better but I personally can't argue with them leaving if they're earning the kind of cash they're leaving for, Flores now being on $800,000 is just one example.
This is definately going to get worse before it gets better but hopefully we'll see the day where HAL clubs can tempted young talent to stay unless a decent European club comes knocking. Our standard of living is certainly better surely that would count for a fair bit when we talk about players with families.
But as I said with the latest report the Government undertook of the league dropping the salaries of players is certain to see this increase and as good as that is for those players take away the top 10% of players from our leagues and we will definately see a drop in standard and if it gets low enough we may as well just be a NYL.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Pfa will never let salaries drop
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Pfa will never let salaries drop
No one should if this league is going to have a hope in Asia
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Football Asia”