How will roar go in asia

Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

How will roar go in asia

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:19 pm

I think next acl all of australia will probably hope the roar do very very will.

How do we think they will go?

It seems the koreans have been dominating lately but they dont look all they impressive, its generally been the japanese that australian teams cannot crack.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: How will roar go in asia

Postby blahblah Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:20 pm

Much of it will come down to the management's ability to keep the team fresh over long hauls and in unfamiliar surrounds. Given the sheer distances and disparities in conditions the 'home and away' factor is of far greater importance in Asian competitions than in other continental competitions (though Africa would come close). This was Adelaide's primary strength in our ACL fixtures, the ability to gain points on the road.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 am

Hope they don't get out of the group.
#WeAreUnited
Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:44 am

i'd like to see them go half the distance. how embarrassing for the nation and league will it be when Australia's greatest club side in recent memory, whom no one can beat, get dominated by our intercontinental rivals?
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:56 pm

They have a shot at it of they can keep fit and keep there players. It's always difficult for the a-league teams because it in our off season. Won't beat our record run tho.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 am

I want them to go all the way. Sure I'm so proud still that AUFC are the only Aussie side to make anything out of the ACL but when a side plays as well as Brissy do i think it important for Australian football that they succeed. They are the best side our country has produced. They don't play a physical style which is good in the ACL. I wish them all the best and Australian football takes the next step. I also hope they finally get full ownership and they can sign some marquee players that with compliment their style.
Time to Djbate!
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:54 am

I think they'll need a plan B. We can see from the last couple of weeks they struggle to score if a side parks the bus, which will happen to them when Asian teams go to Brisbane. I think if their barca-wanking-total-football isn't working they'll have to be prepared to give up possession at times and occasionally use some long ball/set pieces to take advantage of their height/strength advantage over Asian teams.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:27 am

I think they'll need a plan B. We can see from the last couple of weeks they struggle to score if a side parks the bus, which will happen to them when Asian teams go to Brisbane. I think if their barca-wanking-total-football isn't working they'll have to be prepared to give up possession at times and occasionally use some long ball/set pieces to take advantage of their height/strength advantage over Asian teams.
I agree I think Partalu's presence in midfield will be vital.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:48 pm

You guys really think a j league side is going to come to australia and defend?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:24 pm

I concur, Asia is ours damn it:!:
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:26 pm

Yes that's how they've done it in the past.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Oh and I'm changing my answer i now only want Brisbane to make the final to be beaten by US! Execpt when we win 1 nil be playing defensively Fozzie will complain and say it was another crime against football!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Yes that's how they've done it in the past.
We must be watching different games them

I cant remember a time a jleague club has come here snd not had higher then 50% of the ball and pegged aussie team in their own half the majority of the match.

Dont confuse slower build up play with parking the bus.

Sure they dont throw all their men up front every attack, but that will rarely happen in a cup
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Judging by CCM's recent performances, and if they can keep most of their team for the ACL, they will do better than Brisbane.

Also I'm tipping them to win this week.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Yes that's how they've done it in the past.[/quote]

We must be watching different games them

I cant remember a time a jleague club has come here snd not had higher then 50% of the ball and pegged aussie team in their own half the majority of the match.

Dont confuse slower build up play with parking the bus.

Sure they dont throw all their men up front every attack, but that will rarely happen in a cup[/quote]
Yeah they play a counter attacking style. Which in the end is a defensive way of playing. I found often they were wasting time with injuries and goal kicks until AU hit the front then they couldn't get up off the ground quick enough, which suggests to me these clubs come over here and would take a draw if it was offered to them at the start of the match. I do find this strange since, especially in the J-league, they are far more skillful then us and if they played more attacking it would probably only be to their own benefit.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Football Asia”