Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: 2015 Asian Cup

Postby EdDog Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Nooooo.

South Korea 1-0 Socceroos

Now we have to play Japan in the semi (if we make it and they don't lose to Jordan)
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:09 pm

Such is life...
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:22 am

I really enjoyed watching that match. If Juric or Kruse took their chances we'd be all smiles. But the build up play to get the ball into those areas was wonderful.

Its funny how similar they are to AU. If we take our chances we create IMO the lads can beat anyone in this tournament.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:44 pm

I really enjoyed watching that match. If Juric or Kruse took their chances we'd be all smiles. But the build up play to get the ball into those areas was wonderful.

Its funny how similar they are to AU. If we take our chances we create IMO the lads can beat anyone in this tournament.
Very good point.

I don't think we should have too much trouble beating China, it's just unfortunate we now will meet Japan in the semis.

This is the reverse of the situation in the 2011 tournament - we had SK in our group but topped it meaning SK had to play Japan in the semis which Japan won.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Looking at the draw though if things stay the way they are Japan will play Iran in the QF which is not going to be a formality. I think if we beat China who ever we line up against in the semi will be a tough game.

Hopefully North Korea kick the hell out of China to make it an easier encounter!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:17 pm

One thing I don't get. Why did they schedule a semi final at Newcastle. Due to the Socceroos coming 2nd in the group and there was a very good chance that would happen.
They'll play their semi at Newcastle should they make it.

Idiots.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:05 am

One thing I don't get. Why did they schedule a semi final at Newcastle. Due to the Socceroos coming 2nd in the group and there was a very good chance that would happen.
They'll play their semi at Newcastle should they make it.

Idiots.
Agreed. The other semi is on Australia Day in Sydney and Australia won't even be playing.

I don't think it's like the Cricket World Cup - the Aussie's quarter final is going to be played at AO regardless of where Australia finish in the group. I guess this kind of thing isn't allowed in the Asian Cup?
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:09 am

Does anyone else think Bogey should be in the NT at CB? I mean his passing and aerial ability is superior to some of the current CBs in my opinion.

Spira and Sainsbury have been okay but just don't dominate the air like Bogey.

Glad he isn't playing but he'd be my first choice CB in the NT. Can't believe I am saying this lol.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:40 am

I think his from warrants a selection but not sure about first 11. Sainsbury and spira are great defenders.

Personally elrich at either left or right back would do as good if not better then anyone currently playing there imo.

My personal biased opinion is that eugene is better then ryan, but given that ryan is playing at such a high level its hard to argue.

The one i dont understand is juric, he is greedy , cannot hold the ball up and breaks play with needless fouls. Im not an advocate for djite in the national team but i feel he would do better then juric
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:50 am

I think his from warrants a selection but not sure about first 11. Sainsbury and spira are great defenders.

Personally elrich at either left or right back would do as good if not better then anyone currently playing there imo.

My personal biased opinion is that eugene is better then ryan, but given that ryan is playing at such a high level its hard to argue.

The one i dont understand is juric, he is greedy , cannot hold the ball up and breaks play with needless fouls. Im not an advocate for djite in the national team but i feel he would do better then juric
Yeah I was hoping Juric would be more of a Djite for us. I wonder if that's Cahill's influence over the side as he's never been one to hold the ball up. Although we get so much from Timmy I feel he is at odds with the way Ange would otherwise play. We make concessions to fit him in the side.
Time to Djbate!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:45 am

well the fun is over and I'm back in Adelaide.
I have been busy enjoying the moment whilst away. the loss against korea isn't a big deal to me, we out played them and we got to rest some key players.
i'm confident of getting past China.
I have to say the atmosphere in the host towns pre game was a bit lack lustre, we as a nation have not fully embraced what this competition could have been. so many people upon seeing us in aussie shirts were asking who we were playing, some bar staff even asking if it was for a cricket or rugby game! it makes it all the more obvious to me how important it is to win this tournament and make people more aware.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:20 am

I have to say the atmosphere in the host towns pre game was a bit lack lustre, we as a nation have not fully embraced what this competition could have been. so many people upon seeing us in aussie shirts were asking who we were playing, some bar staff even asking if it was for a cricket or rugby game! it makes it all the more obvious to me how important it is to win this tournament and make people more aware.
Wholeheartedly agree. Was very poor. No FTA coverage meant the T20 got better promotion.

I thought the eastern states would be a bit more football immersed than Adelaide but after this tournament I realise we have it relatively good here.

One of the papers in QLD had about 8 back pages of rugby news (in the off season) and then I think half a page on the Socceroos game in Brisbane about 10 in after the tennis and cricket.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:21 pm

I think it comes back to most not having any idea of players from other countries as well. It pretty hard to get excited for games when you have no idea who is involved.
Besides Japan and Korea I don't really know that many other players. Luckily for me I enjoy the football anyway but I'm not a normal Aussie punter.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:37 pm

On the contrary, i think its a testament to how strong the game is in this country.

Not being on fta and still selling out stadiums, even the smaller asian clubs have drawn great crowds show the interest.

Im happy for it not to be on fta, as foxtel really do pay the bills and are the reason the aleague even exists. Although fta needs to be the goal.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:00 pm

If all these iranian fans are aussie citizens FFA need to work out how many feel engaged by the aleague and how to lure those who are not emotionally tied to an aleague club.

They they bring a fantastic atmosphere and passion

Return to “Football Asia”