Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: 2015 Asian Cup

Postby blahblah Wed May 28, 2014 9:41 am

$50 from Adelaide to Melb, $35 Melb to Syd and $49 Syd to Bris per person.
Crikey, that's cheap!

Afghanistan were rolled by Palestine and the Philippines squeaked past the Maldives in extra time.

It's one of the P's for the last spot in 2015. Final is on May 30.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed May 28, 2014 12:02 pm

Yeah I'm also going to wait and see how it pans out. Semi final on Australia Day would be awesome!

I just booked flights - $50 from Adelaide to Melb, $35 Melb to Syd and $49 Syd to Bris per person.

I couldn't drive for that much.
Out of curiosity who did you book with?

Ive learnt from personal experience if you are attempting a fly in and fly out style trip for a game its best to not take the cheap seats as the possibility of your flight being overbooked or cancelled is fairly high.

But if you are flying in the day before then cheap seats are freaking awsome!!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Wed May 28, 2014 12:59 pm

Wow thats cheap! I just booked a motorhome for 11 days and campervan sites to stay in. Long trip but will be fun with 4 mates plus get to see some sights inberween the major cities.
EdDog

2015 Asian Cup

Postby EdDog Wed May 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Flight to Melb is one way with Tiger on the day of the game - notorious for cancelling but risking it. Staying in Melb for 4 nights then flying Jetstar on the day of the second game for only one night. Then straight to Brissy for 4 nights for the final group game.

Booked through Tiger and Jetstar directly and if you pay on Jetstar via direct bank deposit rather than visa you save around $9 booking fee per ticket. Doesn't sound like a lot but adds up when you book 2 or 3 fares.

Edit: now I'm a tad concerned about flights getting cancelled. Perhaps I should change them to a day earlier :?
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed May 28, 2014 2:34 pm

Edit: now I'm a tad concerned about flights getting cancelled. Perhaps I should change them to a day earlier :?
Look into getting travel insurance. One that includes "Alternative transport expenses". I'm pretty sure (last time I read) they cover the cost of having to buy other airline tickets to get there on time if you're going for something like a sporting event and your flights are cancelled.

I'm no insurance broker so make sure you read the fine print etc but the amount that you saved on credit card fees would probably cover the insurance and it will cover you for other things too.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed May 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Flight to Melb is one way with Tiger on the day of the game - notorious for cancelling but risking it. Staying in Melb for 4 nights then flying Jetstar on the day of the second game for only one night. Then straight to Brissy for 4 nights for the final group game.

Booked through Tiger and Jetstar directly and if you pay on Jetstar via direct bank deposit rather than visa you save around $9 booking fee per ticket. Doesn't sound like a lot but adds up when you book 2 or 3 fares.

Oh your farked!

Only joking :p , assuming your flights are early morning and the games are 7:30 pm ish then i would not really worry. You may get a flight canceled but i highly doubt they will not put you on another flight by lunch time.

If you are flying out around lunch time then it may be a different story.

As mcjules said travel insurance is a good idea just get the right policy.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed May 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Wow thats cheap! I just booked a motorhome for 11 days and campervan sites to stay in. Long trip but will be fun with 4 mates plus get to see some sights inberween the major cities.
Appollo campers?

Im very jealous!! A motorhome plus 11 days on the road plus football should lead to an awesome adventure!!

Ive been looking at appollo campers lately for 2 weeks in the outback N/T and North queensland just no football :(
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Wed May 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Appollo campers?

Im very jealous!! A motorhome plus 11 days on the road plus football should lead to an awesome adventure!!

Ive been looking at appollo campers lately for 2 weeks in the outback N/T and North queensland just no football :(
if you go Apollo be wary of the deposit, they ask for $7500 and from what I researched they can take months giving it back. But a little extra in insurance payments reduces deposit to $250. Boys trip and football...what can go wrong.
I was looking at NT also but never seem to get the time off work at the same time as the missus to do it.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed May 28, 2014 9:56 pm

You can get lucky with those campers if Apollo need to get a camper back to a certain spot by a certain time, you can hire it for like $1 a day to drive it one way back to where they want it. I'm always on the lookout for deals like that from Adelaide to the NT but in the dry season they're hard to come by!

As for my flight times - I think the latest we leave is around 10am for 7-8pm games so fingers crossed.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Wed May 28, 2014 10:04 pm

if you miss a flight eddog we can swing by and pick you up and cram you in if were in the same state
EdDog

2015 Asian Cup

Postby EdDog Thu May 29, 2014 8:03 am

if you miss a flight eddog we can swing by and pick you up and cram you in if were in the same state
I like the sound of that! Room for the missus or is it boys only? :p

Hopefully it won't come to that though.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:03 am

I just had an idea. As we are seeing with the WC all the side competing are playing friendlies. The Socceroos played a local club side.
I wonder if AU could get a country to come to Adelaide to play a friendly? Imagine Kagawa and Honda playing AU at Hindmarsh!
It would be nice considering it would be the only Asian football we'd get during the Cup.
I sent it to the club on the Red Out Loud. Lets see if they consider it.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:55 pm

I just had an idea. As we are seeing with the WC all the side competing are playing friendlies. The Socceroos played a local club side.
I wonder if AU could get a country to come to Adelaide to play a friendly? Imagine Kagawa and Honda playing AU at Hindmarsh!
It would be nice considering it would be the only Asian football we'd get during the Cup.
I sent it to the club on the Red Out Loud. Lets see if they consider it.
Petrillo was quick to respond :)
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Yeah. I thought the HAL would stop over the Asian Cup?
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:29 pm

I think only the first week of the comp there are no a league games.

Return to “Football Asia”