J-League 2011

Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Steelinho
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Re: J-League 2011

Postby Steelinho Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 am

Most peoples' concern is the defence. While they'd have Nagatomo and while Uchida has certainly become quite a bit better since he moved to Schalke, the likely central pairing (Makino and Yoshida) aren't exactly what you'd call 'solid' for an international side. Thankfully for them, Eiji Kawashima should be available and is more than capable against the opposition they'll face.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:08 am

It was the same problem with the Asian Cup though I cannot help but feel that as these two work longer together they will start to form a partnership. The problem is that the sheer presence of Tanaka and Nakazawa is difficult to emulate, particularly Tulio during set pieces though Yoshida's height is giving the Samurai Blue some options there.

Maybe Hamada may have a chance to make the squad and make an impression.
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:26 am

Tulio not only gives that presence during free kicks, but he can also take them. He's a defender, midfielder and striker (where he played at the start of his career).

Tulio can do everything. He really is one of the most complete players I've seen in my lifetime.

I'm fairly certain he was sent to us by Shinji Ono.
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:25 pm

PS: Hamada as in Mizuki Hamada? Nowhere near ready.

Currently, to my knowledge (or memory), two foreigners have left the J. League: Marquinhos (Vegalta Sendai/ex-Kashima) and Bastianini (F. Marinos).
Not a huge loss for F. Marinos; in fact, the supporters are probably delighted.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:33 pm

PS: Hamada as in Mizuki Hamada? Nowhere near ready.

Currently, to my knowledge (or memory), two foreigners have left the J. League: Marquinhos (Vegalta Sendai/ex-Kashima) and Bastianini (F. Marinos).
Not a huge loss for F. Marinos; in fact, the supporters are probably delighted.
Not so much to play as I think they need to give the current pairing as much time together as possible; more for the experience of being with the squad.

I was a bit disappointed with Marquinhos leaving as he had a real cult following when he was playing with Kashima and I felt he was likely to stay on in Japan once his playing career was over. I guess I got that wrong.
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:48 am

The other foreigners who've left so far are Hugo (Montedio Yamagata), Fabinho (Shonan Bellmare) and Joao Paulo (Albirex Niigata).

I don't think anyone can look down on those players, particularly Marquinhos and Hugo (though Hugo is on the opposite coast, he'd still be getting the massive aftershocks).

As for Hamada, I can understand where you're coming from, but I don't think he's done anything to earn even so much as a spot to gain experience. Last game he played, he made two major mistakes that led to goals. And he rarely ever plays, anyway. He should stay at a lower-NT level for the time being, if he's going to be anywhere in a Japan shirt.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:59 pm

If Masukawa could reproduce his efforts from last night he'd be a sensational addition. Sadly it's a bit late for him, however he was simply imperious against FC Seoul.
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:53 am

Not a fan of Masukawa. He's a dirty, dirty cheat. But I base that on one incident rather than his overall performances.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:52 am

It was a great effort by Vegalta Sendai to win away to Kawasaki Frontale in the first game back after the tsunami. I'm assuming they will be playing in Miyagi stadium for their first home game.

Kashima need to get away from the National Stadium as it seems to be a voodoo place for them. Does anyone know if Mito's stadium is still standing? Wherever they go they should play in Ibaraki to give them at least a semblance of home advantage.
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:15 am

Actually, they're still looking to play at Sendai Stadium (Yurtec). They set the aim about five weeks ago that they'd have the stadium fully-repaired by the time Urawa come to town.
If they can, it will be HUGE for the morale of not just the people of Sendai, but also Japan as a whole.
If anyone who didn't get a chance to watch the Sendai game on Setanta this weekend, you've missed out. Not only was it an enjoyable game, with Sendai coming from behind to win late on, but the emotions were out in the open and you could see just how much it meant to everyone there.

Kashima have actually played well most of the time they're at Kokuritsu. 12 cup wins there out of 16 is decent. The real voodoo seems to be playing in the ACL this season; this round, Cerezo were the only ACL-involved side to avoid a loss by three goals. They still lost 1-0.

As for Mito, they played in their stadium - K's Denki Stadium - this round, so obviously it's minimal damage, if anything. (Though, given the layout of the stadium, I doubt there was any damage.) Very poor attendance, though; just over 1,200.
I don't think Kashima would be playing there. It would be too difficult when teams play at the same time and they've already got enough fixture congestion to even consider rearranging any more.

PS: Urawa Red Diamonds 3-0 Nagoya Grampus
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:56 am

PS: Urawa Red Diamonds 3-0 Nagoya Grampus
Yes, I was trying to avoid mentioning that :) . I heard Spiranovic had a full 90.
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Yeah, he was and he played well. I fully expect the same to happen next week, save for any incidents.

Hopefully he and Nagata can strike up a good understanding between one another, because I feel they could strike up a very good partnership.
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:17 am

No changes, Sendai are playing against Urawa in just over three hours at Yurtec stadium.

Looks like they got it all patched up in time. Well done to them.
(Now to rob them of three points.)
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Lineups have been announced; Spira is playing in Urawa's unchanged lineup.

Only difference from last week is that Suzuki replaces Aoyama on the bench, which is relatively insignificant (but awesome).

Return to “Football Asia”