Asian Football Forum

Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Steelinho
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Re: Asian Football Forum

Postby Steelinho Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:55 pm

So you claim to be honest, fair enough. However I see a conflict between "don't post your match ratings" and "post whatever you wish".
In the right context, it's fine. And it was the right context. People just like to blow things out of proportion. Perhaps I should have elaborated later on by saying, "Instead of calling them match ratings, they should be called pre-conceived ratings due to the load of bias."

Oh, wait.

Would you prefer if I edited the post to make it seem a lot nicer and lah-dee-dah while only hoping to get the same message across?

And I bet they read your blog/this forum, too. They're avid readers of all the fan blogs and they always discuss the latest posts around the one water cooler they have at FFA headquarters (but don't worry, it's a big water cooler, so nobody goes thirsty).
I see this is an unnecessary response to David. For me, you're just looking to get a reaction out of him.
How is it unnecessary or reaction-seeking? It's sarcastic, sure. In all honesty, I don't see any other problem with pointing out the fact that if someone actually wants the FFA to see such a message, it should be actively provided to them, not placed somewhere with little chance of it being seen by anyone in the company.

Also, note the sentence before that line (which you thoughtfully left out) noting that it's better to address the message to the A-League section of the FFA (or perhaps Lyall Gorman himself) opposed to the whole of the FFA as, really, the FFA as a whole already have a lot on their plate.

Would you like me to edit that post, too? God forbid anyone uses sarcasm on the Internet. It might cause the apocalypse to begin.

And believe me, I have read your posts, and very clearly.
You really haven't. Stalker. (Should I edit that?)
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:56 pm

So how about those Asian football forums? Pretty neat, huh?
Yids
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Tetris

Postby Yids Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:09 pm

In the right context, it's fine. And it was the right context. People just like to blow things out of proportion. Perhaps I should have elaborated later on by saying, "Instead of calling them match ratings, they should be called pre-conceived ratings due to the load of bias."

Oh, wait.

Would you prefer if I edited the post to make it seem a lot nicer and lah-dee-dah while only hoping to get the same message across?
Putting your opinion across does not mean telling people what they can and can't do. So yes, you could have been more polite. You also posted up a sarcastic ratings making a joke of the guy who had posted his ratings. So in the end, you make him feel bad, post something stupid simply because you disagree with him.

If he is biased about his ratings, disagree and state why in a proper manner rather than being a complete tool.

How is it unnecessary or reaction-seeking? It's sarcastic, sure. In all honesty, I don't see any other problem with pointing out the fact that if someone actually wants the FFA to see such a message, it should be actively provided to them, not placed somewhere with little chance of it being seen by anyone in the company.
Is there a reason to post such a thing? Be honest you were looking to rock the boat. Sure you can point out that people should provide the FFA with the message, but again do you have to be a tool?

Also, note the sentence before that line (which you thoughtfully left out) noting that it's better to address the message to the A-League section of the FFA (or perhaps Lyall Gorman himself) opposed to the whole of the FFA as, really, the FFA as a whole already have a lot on their plate.
No need. Here it is.

"The A-League isn't run by the entire FFA; it's run by a completely-devoted division. Same went with the World Cup bid."

Hmmm. Ok so you point out that the A-League is not run by the entire FFA, but never stated that David should email the individual section.
You really haven't. Stalker. (Should I edit that?)
You can think whatever you like of me champ.
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:20 pm

So how about those Asian football forums? Pretty neat, huh?
Yids
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Tetris

Postby Yids Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Sure why not. Their awesome.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:24 pm