Discuss Asian Football right here!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Asian Football Forum

Postby blahblah Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Incidentally how many of the other fan sites have a dedicated Asian Football forum? I love the fact we do as it as all part of engaging with the region as fans, yet is this replicated in other clubs?
Hammerzeit
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Asian Football Forum

Postby Hammerzeit Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:24 pm

How many other forums do you contribute to? Therein might lie your answer.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 pm

I dont know much about the Asian game, but i enjoy reading post from those that do.

TBH the J-league interests me more then any other in the world apart from the A-league

I wish "The world game" and the other show on 1 put more effort into the asian confederation then then telling us about La liga and the EPL, pretty embarassing that we know nothing of our own confederation honestly
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:27 pm

TBH the J-league interests me more then any other in the world apart from the A-league
pretty much the same here, the J-League and the K-League. i've tried getting into it more than just reading the posts on adelaidereds (which i thoroughly enjoy), but i honestly get too lost in the player names due to my lack of involvement in those cultures. i lose track of who is who easily, which makes it difficult to follow and get involved in. love watching highlights though.

i hope we aren't the only forums which discuss Asia this in depth bcoz 1) we are a part of the AFC now, and 2) they would be missing out. there's some wonderful football being played at club level in Asia. but i do believe we benefit greatly on WATR from having a variety of United fans who are living all around the globe.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:39 am

We are the "Internationals"!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:48 am

would absolutely love to see J-League matches on ONE HD
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 pm

would absolutely love to see J-League matches on ONE HD
+1

Definitely then people may know some of the other teams in J-league part from the teams that compete in ACL.

I also wish Fox had a football only channel
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 pm

If everyone has an interest in the J-league, then who do we all support?

Also what made you feel a connection with the said club? Always find it interesting how people just pluck a club out of nowhere from a place and culture they know very little of lol.

Personally for it Gamba Osaka, seen them wipe the floor with us enough times to respect them and became a fan from there
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Nagoya Grampus because of J.Kennedy
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:02 am

i have (loosely) supported Gamba Osaka since spending an amazingly fun night partying @ the Rosie with their fans after we lost the ACL.

great people, although i understood very little of what they had to say lol. football unites cultures, something i had the pleasure of experiencing 1st hand that night.
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:37 pm

I SUPPORT THE TEAM WITH ALL THOSE JAPANESE PLAYERS IN IT BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE SUSHI

Asia's okay, I guess. Can't say I'm a big fan of it.

In all honesty, I'd like to see more people feel encouraged to post, even if it's just an opinion or a comment on a game they happened to watch. (i.e. Asian Cup games that don't involve Australia, because I know a lot of you would be watching more than just the Socceroos matches.)
Any input helps the conversation. On the other forum, it was a little discouraging when it was just blahblah and myself.
Yids
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Tetris

Postby Yids Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Steelinho, in another topic you told someone that their match ratings were awful, then proceeded to tell them they should not do it altogether. You also then had a dig a David Vutopal (spelling) now you say people should be feel free to post what they want?
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 pm

I guess it is partly up to us to make an effort for the 2011 J-League to get a few more people engaged.

I'm having a horrid run though with V-Varen Nagasaki being told that their infrastructure (amongst other things) isn't good enough for promotion to J-2 and the other side I kept half an eye on, FC Tokyo, going to J-2 instead. I guess in a way you need to be careful what you wish for, I wanted a team in J2 and now I have one :)

I guess it'll be Avispa Fukuoka for 2011 (not that I could find an Avispa Fukuoka shirt when I enquired at the huge sports store at Canal City)

Anyway as Steelinho said, a little more contribution, insightful or trite, is always welcome.
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Steelinho, in another topic you told someone that their match ratings were awful, then proceeded to tell them they should not do it altogether. You also then had a dig a David Vutopal (spelling) now you say people should be feel free to post what they want?
I'm a very honest person and speak my mind. I haven't had "a dig" at Votoupal, either. Not on this whole forum. If people think I have then they mustn't actually be reading my posts.

I guess it is partly up to us to make an effort for the 2011 J-League to get a few more people engaged.
Surely what I was doing last year should have been plentiful. If I were to do any more it should be a full time job. Don't know what else I could have provided, anyway. Surely it's a two-way street.
Yids
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Tetris

Postby Yids Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:33 pm

So you claim to be honest, fair enough. However I see a conflict between "don't post your match ratings" and "post whatever you wish".

And believe me, I have read your posts, and very clearly.
And I bet they read your blog/this forum, too. They're avid readers of all the fan blogs and they always discuss the latest posts around the one water cooler they have at FFA headquarters (but don't worry, it's a big water cooler, so nobody goes thirsty).
I see this is an unnecessary response to David. For me, you're just looking to get a reaction out of him.

Return to “Football Asia”