Predictions for 24/25

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mikeewanuk
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Predictions for 24/25

Postby mikeewanuk Thu May 02, 2024 9:25 am

Now I’ve only been involved in football (played, coached, managed, reffed) for almost six decades so I still don’t know anything about the beautiful game. I’ve been a Reds member from 2009 until 2023, so I’ve seen a lot of highs and a few lows. Here’s my predictions for next season.
Coach: Veart
Captain: Mauk
Players In: Mileusnic. Kamau. Aldred.
Players Out: Irankunda. Halloran. Toure. Barr. Bovalina. Van de Saag. Lopez.
Coach Out: Milligan
Australia Cup: Semifinal
Pride Cup: Shelved. Present holders, Melb Victory, fail to host due to their lack of interest.
Ladder Position: 1st or 11th, but probably 6th or 7th.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Re: Predictions for 24/25

Postby Philbyramone Thu May 02, 2024 1:45 pm

Now I’ve only been involved in football (played, coached, managed, reffed) for almost six decades so I still don’t know anything about the beautiful game. I’ve been a Reds member from 2009 until 2023, so I’ve seen a lot of highs and a few lows. Here’s my predictions for next season.
Pride Cup: Shelved. Present holders, Melb Victory, fail to host due to their lack of interest.
Kamau. lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu May 02, 2024 2:54 pm

Can definitely see us bringing Mileusnic back and signing a couple more defenders, however we will miss finals again.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu May 02, 2024 7:17 pm

$1m fewer dividends so I'm going to guess we won't sign any quality senior players and no foreign imports.

All replacements will be sub-standard A-League journeymen and promising youngsters.

This will mean we will need the journeymen to play above their capabilities (can Carl get this out of them?) whilst we ride the highs and lows of the kids learning their craft.

I actually anticipate a similar season to this one: generally frustrating, conceding lots of goals, youngsters wowing us, and narrowly missing finals.

Will I be there in the stands to watch? You betcha!
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri May 03, 2024 2:32 am

More of the same.
But sometimes you do win things with kids ...

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri May 03, 2024 9:16 am

Kamau. lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
oh no I can totally see this happening. fuckn Kamau, still bitter about him joining City like the day after we won the Grand Final.
He's played for 5 A-League clubs now lmao
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Fri May 03, 2024 4:35 pm

Predictions for 24/25 ? Are you serious ???

You would be hard pressed to predict what this team is going to do from week to week, never mind 6 months in advance with an off season in between :D
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Fri May 03, 2024 4:58 pm

As I think somebody else mentioned on the other thread - the possibility of Stamatelopoulos coming back would not surprise me.
The Jets have been in chaos ownership-wise all season and players would have been looking for an exit strategy. Maybe the kid is homesick.

That might be why the club have been lukewarm about re-signing Hiro.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri May 03, 2024 8:52 pm

As I think somebody else mentioned on the other thread - the possibility of Stamatelopoulos coming back would not surprise me.
The Jets have been in chaos ownership-wise all season and players would have been looking for an exit strategy. Maybe the kid is homesick.

If he leaves the Jets, he’s almost certainly going overseas as he is under contract. But on the Jets and their ownership situation, it seems like they are very, very close to finding new owners.
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Sat May 04, 2024 12:06 pm

If he leaves the Jets, he’s almost certainly going overseas as he is under contract. But on the Jets and their ownership situation, it seems like they are very, very close to finding new owners.

I would be surprised if the players there weren't given some amount of dispensation on pulling out of their contracts early based on the ownership situation. There was a real doubt not that long ago that the club would even still be in the comp next year. And that's still the case until something gets sorted as the clubs currently carrying them have made it clear that they won't be doing it next season.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat May 04, 2024 1:44 pm

I would be surprised if the players there weren't given some amount of dispensation on pulling out of their contracts early based on the ownership situation. There was a real doubt not that long ago that the club would even still be in the comp next year. And that's still the case until something gets sorted as the clubs currently carrying them have made it clear that they won't be doing it next season.
And that doubt is now gone. The club is expected to announce new owners in the coming days and PFA co-executive Kathryn Gill has been quoted as saying that they “have assurances from the Jets’ management that the club will play in the A-Leagues next season”.
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Sat May 04, 2024 1:59 pm

And that doubt is now gone. The club is expected to announce new owners in the coming days and PFA co-executive Kathryn Gill has been quoted as saying that they “have assurances from the Jets’ management that the club will play in the A-Leagues next season”.

That's promising news. Never a good look for a league when one of the founding members falls over.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun May 05, 2024 7:23 am

Some moments to cherish while we contemplate the future.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun May 05, 2024 7:37 pm

Adelaide United are set to appoint @PSV legend and former Dutch international Ernest Faber as Sporting Director @scout_aussie
sub007

Postby sub007 Sun May 05, 2024 9:01 pm

Adelaide United are set to appoint @PSV legend and former Dutch international Ernest Faber as Sporting Director @scout_aussie
The club has got a lot wrong this season but the PSV partnership and this appointment definitely seem like positives. Our three Joeys reps are going to train with them too.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”