Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby blahblah Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:22 am

Is it because it’s a homeless soulless club wandering the western reaches of outer Melbourne with shit colours and a rag tag bunch of journeymen beeneverywhereelsers in its squad.
Their new ground at Tarniet should address much of this (well, maybe not the colour scheme). It mightn't be much of a ground, however it exists and hence an identity can start building.

Nestory's last appearance at Coopers should draw a big crowd for the game against the Cows.
Woy of the Wovers
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Postby Woy of the Wovers Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:09 pm

Is it because it’s a homeless soulless club wandering the western reaches of outer Melbourne with shit colours and a rag tag bunch of journeymen beeneverywhereelsers in its squad.
Their new ground at Tarniet should address much of this (well, maybe not the colour scheme). It mightn't be much of a ground, however it exists and hence an identity can start building.

Nestory's last appearance at Coopers should draw a big crowd for the game against the Cows.
Tarniet. Might as well have the Murray Bridge Bunyips in the league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Re: Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby RedTide Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:18 pm

This was the performance that we've all been waiting for since October; yes, it really has been that long since we looked like the AUFC that we all know and love.

I hope that this quells some of the nonsense swirling around CV and his future in the job. He has taken us to just one win from a GF in the past 3 seasons. No other gaffer has ever done that; even Billy Love only stayed for 2 seasons once he felt the job was done. I hope that calm heads prevail when it is time to renegotiate CV's contract.

Re Clough - he is trying too hard and that is why they are just not going in. Once one or two start going in again, then he will relax and they will come regularly. At the moment, he is over-thinking it and not letting his foot and his brain work together. That will come again.

Incidentally, he has a 100% penalties record for us. Not even Sergio van Dyk could match that.

Nestory is a story by himself. The final home game at Coopers against the Cows will be something to behold. He will want to finish with a flourish - and that means that he will be pinging everything he can at them from 40 yards. Should be fun!
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:19 pm

Both out in the sticks and the chances of getting stabbed are equally high.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:03 pm

This was the performance that we've all been waiting for since October; yes, it really has been that long since we looked like the AUFC that we all know and love.

I hope that this quells some of the nonsense swirling around CV and his future in the job. He has taken us to just one win from a GF in the past 3 seasons. No other gaffer has ever done that; even Billy Love only stayed for 2 seasons once he felt the job was done. I hope that calm heads prevail when it is time to renegotiate CV's contract.

Re Clough - he is trying too hard and that is why they are just not going in. Once one or two start going in again, then he will relax and they will come regularly. At the moment, he is over-thinking it and not letting his foot and his brain work together. That will come again.

Incidentally, he has a 100% penalties record for us. Not even Sergio van Dyk could match that.

Nestory is a story by himself. The final home game at Coopers against the Cows will be something to behold. He will want to finish with a flourish - and that means that he will be pinging everything he can at them from 40 yards. Should be fun!

Yeah, but where has that performance been all season ? Especially from Nestor. It's as if the closer he gets to getting on that plane to Germany, the more motivated he is becoming. Clough's finishing has been up and down since he arrived tbh. It obviously isn't his strong point.

Guess you have to factor in that we were playing the bottom team though. Champs to chumps in under 2 years under Aloisi - bizarre.

Great atmosphere at Coopers on Friday night. A surprisingly good crowd and the Red Army were louder than they have been all season with the old cappo back to lead them. The club should seriously pay that guy to attend every game.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:18 am

..duplicate post sorry..
Last edited by Old Gregg on Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:20 am

Need more mascots like this in the league

All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:37 pm

Need more mascots like this in the league

WTF ?
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:50 pm

haha, oh wow… there’s a blast from the past!

bit different from how I remember it

“don’t muck up the murray”

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”