Pride Round AU- 2024

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Pride Round AU- 2024

Postby sub007 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm

pay the 3 players out what remains of the contracts (in particular cavallo) and be done with them, the football has been overshadowed by all the other activities these 3 players do

i know for a fact multiple players (past and present) are not comfortable with all this hoopla over the past 3 years.

everyone knows the players in the dressing room arent united (pardon the pun) so why not remove one of the elements that is causing that friction?
Just admit you hate gay people g. No one is buying your claims that they are bad in the dressing room and to say they cause friction purely because of their sexuality is just ridiculous.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:34 pm

Gee if a handful of social media posts, some colourful shirts and some rainbow smoke is enough to rile people up this much then all the more reason to continue having a pride round. We have a long way to go in our society (not that I believe pride round was even in the top 20 reasons why people didn't attend).
Nail. On. Head.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:04 pm

i dont care that goody and mauky had kids in the off season (and apparently no one else did, because there was zero coverage of it - maybe if they had a same sex marriage then there would be)
judging from Goodwin's Insta he got married (not had a kid) in September, just as he left Adelaide for al Wehda. And Mauk's child was born well before he signed on for AUFC.

So neither of those are really comparable to a current player, are they? The club has been great in the past at celebrating personal milestones for its players, long may it continue.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:35 pm

Gee when someone said something against the lqbstzxe people u put them down , what people are saying is leave us out of ur live style we don’t care what u do but we don’t want u ramming it down our throats
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:34 am

not at all, if you've followed any of my posts you would see i have consistently critisized cavallao since the "announcement" and i warned many supporters this would create more chaos than a club like adelaide can handle.

when a player gets "too big" for any club, the best thing to do is move them on - at the end of the day no player is bigger than the club - thats what this boils down to

all 3 players would be booted out of the club if i had my way, too many off field distractions.

slightly off topic i know theres a big uproar in england currently with the 2 chelsea players being in a relationship in the same team - thats asking for trouble, 1 of them should be moved onto a different club at the very least.

imagine if that was a regular work place (lets say an office) it creates more drama than its worth to employee that person

united do more than any other club for the ABCDEFG community and what exactly have they got in return to pandering to the cause?

*crowds havent drastically improved (adelaide have always had consistent crowds each year)
*the club hasn't got any more sponsors throwing hundreds of thousands of dollars at them (any more then they did in previosu years.)
*social media metrics are up, but doesnt translate to any major $$$ for the club

like i always say just because you go against the 'mainstream agenda' you are instantly labelled as a racist/homophobe/sexist/marxist by clowns like that guy on here that acts like hes adelaides number 1 fan (sub007)

its the reason why the internet is a cesspool, it allows people to have a voice who dont deserve to have a voice and if you disagree with that you get banned or cancelled
no, thats not what im saying - you're putting 2+2 together and getting 6 (or whatever number) you want in your head to fit the mainstream agenda

all 3 players have severely underperformed from a football point of view, all 3 players could have (and should have) been moved on by now.

unfortuantely the powers that be at AU seem to overlook thier poor form, because they've got increased traffic to all the social media platforms and are recieving new sponsors and media interest.

for arguments sake, what exatly has hodgson done football wise to get a w league all access feature (besides her sexual preference)?....... exactly.

adelaide united as a club has some serious decisions to make this off season, as theres over 20 players combined in the mens and womens teams off contract in the coming months + the backlash thats starting to happen with the constant 'personal life" posts from the 3 players.

remember adelaide united is a football club, its about the football - nothing else.

i dont care that goody and mauky had kids in the off season (and apparently no one else did, because there was zero coverage of it - maybe if they had a same sex marriage then there would be)

see where im going with this? the worlds all messed up.

you've already seen how people feel about the trivial 'welcome to country' rubbish, the same way they now feel about the 'taking the knee' before matches

maybe the a elague can introuduce mandatory prayer breaks during play for the many players who are muslim (and you watch people lose there minds over this when that happens.

the worlds all messed up with this inclustivity rubbish

yes the 2 girls & cavallo

So let's be crystal clear on this - you're against anyone who isn't heterosexual playing for the club ?
I don't think Isabel and Grace have been that much of a "distraction".

Andy, serious question - would you still be posting all this stuff if we were top in both leagues ?

And please answer honestly.
AndyJebiga

Postby AndyJebiga Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:36 am

thats what they do my friend, which is why you always need to fight back.

they act all high and might hidden behind a computer screen, but wouldnt dare say their views to your face
Gee when someone said something against the lqbstzxe people u put them down , what people are saying is leave us out of ur live style we don’t care what u do but we don’t want u ramming it down our throats
AndyJebiga

Postby AndyJebiga Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:40 am

not bad in the dressing room? hahaha

dont think for a minute musa toure wasnt the only one that wanted to put his feelings up on social media (and good for him)

i know of multiple players that dont like changing in front of cavallo or are particularly comfortable when his BF is around
pay the 3 players out what remains of the contracts (in particular cavallo) and be done with them, the football has been overshadowed by all the other activities these 3 players do

i know for a fact multiple players (past and present) are not comfortable with all this hoopla over the past 3 years.

everyone knows the players in the dressing room arent united (pardon the pun) so why not remove one of the elements that is causing that friction?
Just admit you hate gay people g. No one is buying your claims that they are bad in the dressing room and to say they cause friction purely because of their sexuality is just ridiculous.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:31 pm

OK, that's enough for me. We've moved from idiotic spouting of opinions that are essentially homophobic to trading in unsubstantiated rumours and innuendo that barely disguise the hate speech and strident political opinions of the author.
Either the mods ban this AndyJ guy or I'm out of here. Not fussed either way, but if this is acceptable here then I am no longer a member of this forum.
Bptiger25

Postby Bptiger25 Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:05 pm

Jesse’s dad , don’t get ur way so u throw the kids out of the pram . U can say what ever u like but someone has a different opinion then it not fare , and by the way. One said they don’t like pride people all that was said was we are sick of having to be included in these days , just leave us out of it and all is well
Bptiger25

Postby Bptiger25 Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:06 pm

Missed said one when it should have been NOONE sorry for the false post
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:19 pm

OK, that's enough for me. We've moved from idiotic spouting of opinions that are essentially homophobic to trading in unsubstantiated rumours and innuendo that barely disguise the hate speech and strident political opinions of the author.
Either the mods ban this AndyJ guy or I'm out of here. Not fussed either way, but if this is acceptable here then I am no longer a member of this forum.
Jessesdad, I may well disagree with you about Pride Round, but you are spot on here.

Tiger, there's a difference between stating your opinion on a difficult topic in a gentle way, and what we're seeing on this thread. It's way past time to pull your head in and be civil. And if you had any class you'd apologise for your inflammatory language.

If not, I agree, the Mods need to do something.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:22 pm

In fact, can the Mods please consider closing this thread to further comment, as I see no positive way forward here.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:17 pm

Adelaide United has made it clear that it wishes to welcome everyone.
Everyone is equally welcome!

If you feel left out or ostracized, maligned or misrepresented you can contact AU and let them know how you feel.

Respect, empathy and understanding for all.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:19 pm

Thanks for locking this thread 7G. The mods here are generally very reluctant to ban members as we generally have a good community here that is respectful of one another. However I've taken the decision to ban AndyJ, very few of his posts have been constructive and most of the time he only appears to single out LGBTIQ+ players.

As 7G said, the club welcomes everyone. This forum welcomes everyone. If you're uncomfortable with other people's lifestyles and want them to hide who they are then you're being exclusionary. Simple as that.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”