Pride Round AU- 2024

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Pride Round AU- 2024

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:37 pm

Adelaide United has made it clear that it wishes to welcome everyone.

If you feel left out or ostracized, maligned or misrepresented you can contact AU and let them know how you feel.
I would also love to meet with you all over a beer to talk but I don't live in Adelaide any more and I don't have any plans to visit for the foreseeable future.
But maybe there is someone here on the forum who would care to meet up for a beer and a chat or maybe we can organise a meeting of the forum members in the future, a "get to know you" event perhaps.

Respect, empathy and understanding for all.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
mikeewanuk
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Re: Pride Round AU- 2024

Postby mikeewanuk Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:17 am

I agree with you totally, but ….. I suspect that behind all this is a failed marketing ploy to raise attendances by getting more bums on seats. I think Josh, Isobel and the women’s reserve goalie have had their sexual preferences abused for the sake of potential monetary gain. Call me a cynic, I’ve been around quite a long time so I probably am. But we don’t lose 5000+ spectators.to an Original Rivalry due to form and heat, there must be an underlining issue.
I believe that a lot (not all, obviously) of Reds fans were making a statement. They’re not interested in somebody’s sexuality or religion, they just want football. Preferably of a good quality.
Has the Club not heard of Focus Groups, learned to ‘read a room’?
Is the next marketing ploy to put Musa Toure in front of a camera in a vain attempt to get more Muslims to attend football matches? Heads up, they already do.
Let’s just stick to football shall we, after all Adelaide United is a football club.
Let’s just stick to the usual marketing ploys, the usual For a Limited Time Only! Season tickets for 24/25 held at 23/24 season prices. Hurry! Selling Fast
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Postby Woy of the Wovers Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:40 pm

I didn’t go due to heat and my age nothing more.

Why did MV make no display of support for Pride? Or did they and I missed it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:47 pm

MV’s warm up kit had a bit of a nod to it… perhaps AU could’ve done something similar, and still played in red… ah well

call me crazy… but personally, I don’t think any of this stuff is worth getting upset over

“don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing is gonna be alright”
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:39 am

pay the 3 players out what remains of the contracts (in particular cavallo) and be done with them, the football has been overshadowed by all the other activities these 3 players do

i know for a fact multiple players (past and present) are not comfortable with all this hoopla over the past 3 years.

everyone knows the players in the dressing room arent united (pardon the pun) so why not remove one of the elements that is causing that friction?
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:51 pm

pay the 3 players out what remains of the contracts (in particular cavallo) and be done with them, the football has been overshadowed by all the other activities these 3 players do

i know for a fact multiple players (past and present) are not comfortable with all this hoopla over the past 3 years.

everyone knows the players in the dressing room arent united (pardon the pun) so why not remove one of the elements that is causing that friction?

3 players ???
AndyJebiga

Postby AndyJebiga Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:31 pm

yes the 2 girls & cavallo

3 players ???
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:40 pm

3 players ???

So let's be crystal clear on this - you're against anyone who isn't heterosexual playing for the club ?
I don't think Isabel and Grace have been that much of a "distraction".
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:42 pm

So let's be crystal clear on this - you're against anyone who isn't heterosexual playing for the club ?
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:31 pm

Cavallo has done nothing of note on the football field for two seasons, on that basis, and that basis alone, he should be let go at the end of the season. Its a football club, all that matters is what they produce in a football sense!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 pm

Gee if a handful of social media posts, some colourful shirts and some rainbow smoke is enough to rile people up this much then all the more reason to continue having a pride round. We have a long way to go in our society (not that I believe pride round was even in the top 20 reasons why people didn't attend).
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:36 am

Football is for everyone.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
AndyJebiga

Postby AndyJebiga Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:45 am

no, thats not what im saying - you're putting 2+2 together and getting 6 (or whatever number) you want in your head to fit the mainstream agenda

all 3 players have severely underperformed from a football point of view, all 3 players could have (and should have) been moved on by now.

unfortuantely the powers that be at AU seem to overlook thier poor form, because they've got increased traffic to all the social media platforms and are recieving new sponsors and media interest.

for arguments sake, what exatly has hodgson done football wise to get a w league all access feature (besides her sexual preference)?....... exactly.

adelaide united as a club has some serious decisions to make this off season, as theres over 20 players combined in the mens and womens teams off contract in the coming months + the backlash thats starting to happen with the constant 'personal life" posts from the 3 players.

remember adelaide united is a football club, its about the football - nothing else.

i dont care that goody and mauky had kids in the off season (and apparently no one else did, because there was zero coverage of it - maybe if they had a same sex marriage then there would be)

see where im going with this? the worlds all messed up.

you've already seen how people feel about the trivial 'welcome to country' rubbish, the same way they now feel about the 'taking the knee' before matches

maybe the a elague can introuduce mandatory prayer breaks during play for the many players who are muslim (and you watch people lose there minds over this when that happens.

the worlds all messed up with this inclustivity rubbish

MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:04 pm

no, thats not what im saying - you're putting 2+2 together and getting 6 (or whatever number) you want in your head to fit the mainstream agenda

all 3 players have severely underperformed from a football point of view, all 3 players could have (and should have) been moved on by now.

unfortuantely the powers that be at AU seem to overlook thier poor form, because they've got increased traffic to all the social media platforms and are recieving new sponsors and media interest.

for arguments sake, what exatly has hodgson done football wise to get a w league all access feature (besides her sexual preference)?....... exactly.

adelaide united as a club has some serious decisions to make this off season, as theres over 20 players combined in the mens and womens teams off contract in the coming months + the backlash thats starting to happen with the constant 'personal life" posts from the 3 players.

remember adelaide united is a football club, its about the football - nothing else.

i dont care that goody and mauky had kids in the off season (and apparently no one else did, because there was zero coverage of it - maybe if they had a same sex marriage then there would be)

see where im going with this? the worlds all messed up.

you've already seen how people feel about the trivial 'welcome to country' rubbish, the same way they now feel about the 'taking the knee' before matches

maybe the a elague can introuduce mandatory prayer breaks during play for the many players who are muslim (and you watch people lose there minds over this when that happens.

the worlds all messed up with this inclustivity rubbish

Andy, serious question - would you still be posting all this stuff if we were top in both leagues ?

And please answer honestly.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:46 am

Great initiative but not playing in Red against MV is a huge own goal.

I would prefer we had the Pride Cup with a different team - perhaps Sydney during the Madi Gras or something. Anyone but MV.

Would make more sense than against our most bitter rival.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”