Preview: Adelaide United - Melbourne Victory 09.03.24

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Preview: Adelaide United - Melbourne Victory 09.03.24

Postby sevengoals Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:02 pm

Tough game lads.

Fire up farken!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
AndyJebiga
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Re: Preview: Adelaide United - Melbourne Victory 09.03.24

Postby AndyJebiga Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:56 am

so so disappointing that mus had to apologize for his views (which many of the playing group in the seniors, NPL & NPL reserves share) - once again instead of talking about football, we hear non stop things about pride.

maybe the a league can introduce a 'white round' based on the white day they celebrate in east asia - where its customary for women to present chocolates to their partners, while men return the favor on this day by offering a gift to their significant other
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:11 am

so so disappointing that mus had to apologize for his views (which many of the playing group in the seniors, NPL & NPL reserves share) - once again instead of talking about football, we hear non stop things about pride.

maybe the a league can introduce a 'white round' based on the white day they celebrate in east asia - where its customary for women to present chocolates to their partners, while men return the favor on this day by offering a gift to their significant other
You’re an absolute clown mate
AndyJebiga

Postby AndyJebiga Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:22 am

How am I clown? For suggesting the a league do a round where people present chocolates to each other, what's wrong with that? I mean they did a star wars round after all lol

Feel sad for mus and the many other players and for people in general that can't voice there view on that particular subject in life for fear of being sacked or cancelled

sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:34 am

How am I clown? For suggesting the a league do a round where people present chocolates to each other, what's wrong with that? I mean they did a star wars round after all lol

Feel sad for mus and the many other players and for people in general that can't voice there view on that particular subject in life for fear of being sacked or cancelled

Because the entire point of Pride Round is to ensure LGBTQ+ people are included and feel safe and welcome being involved in football. AUFC have a very welcoming culture which have allowed the likes of Cavallo and Wilson to come out.
Musa criticising Pride Round does the complete opposite of this.

Not only did Musa’s comments go against the values of the club, it makes the club a less welcoming and inclusive place.
AndyJebiga

Postby AndyJebiga Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:09 pm

what you're failing to realise is the ABCDEFGH crowd has always been accepted in life, i couldn't give a rats if you get pleasure in cutting onions - i doesnt effect me in the slightest

constantly having this drivel shoved down our throats, creates nothing but against.

how many interviews has grace wilson done about football? i mean years its fantastic that shes binary/non binary whatever flavour she is

but one again i ask how many interviews has she done about the sport she plays........ crickets same as the criticism i and many supporters have leveled at josh cavallo

the club should be looking at moving both players on at season end, because they are under performing footballers with a lot of baggage that a professional sporting club doesnt need

Because the entire point of Pride Round is to ensure LGBTQ+ people are included and feel safe and welcome being involved in football. AUFC have a very welcoming culture which have allowed the likes of Cavallo and Wilson to come out.

Not only did Musa’s comments go against the values of the club, it makes the club a less welcoming and inclusive place.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:13 pm

It’s a bloody football club!
Musa is allowed to put his religious beliefs first and more importantly have an opinion. Here is an opinion, I bet quite a few AU supporters are also sick of this BS ad nauseam. The original rivalry has barely been mentioned amongst the rainbows ffs.

Why should Musa apologise he said nothing wrong, he did not incite hate and clearly he is being put into a conflicted position as are his Muslim team mates.Diversity and inclusion is great, unless you don’t fit the woke criteria and it’s ridiculous that anyone who doesn’t agree these days is automatically labelled and shut down.

Here’s another thought for AU, focus on your core business because you are doing pretty shit at it.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:03 pm

what you're failing to realise is the ABCDEFGH crowd has always been accepted in life, i couldn't give a rats if you get pleasure in cutting onions - i doesnt effect me in the slightest

constantly having this drivel shoved down our throats, creates nothing but against.

how many interviews has grace wilson done about football? i mean years its fantastic that shes binary/non binary whatever flavour she is

but one again i ask how many interviews has she done about the sport she plays........ crickets same as the criticism i and many supporters have leveled at josh cavallo

the club should be looking at moving both players on at season end, because they are under performing footballers with a lot of baggage that a professional sporting club doesnt need

What planet do you live on lmfao.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:09 pm

It’s a bloody football club!
Musa is allowed to put his religious beliefs first and more importantly have an opinion. Here is an opinion, I bet quite a few AU supporters are also sick of this BS ad nauseam. The original rivalry has barely been mentioned amongst the rainbows ffs.

Why should Musa apologise he said nothing wrong, he did not incite hate and clearly he is being put into a conflicted position as are his Muslim team mates.Diversity and inclusion is great, unless you don’t fit the woke criteria and it’s ridiculous that anyone who doesn’t agree these days is automatically labelled and shut down.

Here’s another thought for AU, focus on your core business because you are doing pretty shit at it.
He literally did by condemning Pride Round, you know the round to promote inclusion and to ensure LGBTQ+ people feel safe and welcome as football has traditionally been a hostile environment for these people. The last sentence of his statement has “I’m not racist but” vibes.

And lastly to claim that one round (which is an APL initiative) distracts the club from other things is laughable.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:48 pm

As usual start labelling anyone who has a different opinion to yours a bigot a racist or something.
Take a look on Facebook and the comments, seems like this is more divisive than inclusive anyway.

AU might need to develop a criteria of what types of people are included in their definition of “ the peoples club” next.

Anyway it’s apparently a football club and forum, so expect AU to play MV into form and score a few this week. But as long as they all try and keep developing for sale, it will still be a win.
AndyJebiga

Postby AndyJebiga Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:22 pm

As usual start labelling anyone who has a different opinion to yours a bigot a racist or something.
That's what they all do, they label you a racist, homophobe, xenophobe for not agreeing with the "mainstream popular view"

Unfortunately the internet allowed people to have a voice, that don't deserve a voice

And now we live in such a backwards society where if you disagree you are cancelles or ganged up on
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:02 pm

otto62

Postby otto62 Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:35 pm

Sorry, but you can add me to the "cancelled" group.

Musa has every right to express his faith, as long as he does it without inciting violence.
I can't see how he could have expressed his religious beliefs in a more peaceful and gentle way.
Or are we saying that Muslim's can't express their beliefs at all.

I love the club, but I don't agree with Pride Round either, because of my faith (Christian, not Muslim).
Personally I'm torn about how to support the club, but not Pride Round.
I'm thinking maybe a late arrival at my seat just after the match starts.

Anyway, I'm just hoping we play well and don't get smashed. (Hope I haven't aimed too high with that.)
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:58 pm

Gee the gay lovers on here don’t have any safety for people with a different opinion, what he said his religion didn’t agree he then said they can do what ever they like , but I just don’t agree with it . The club said it supported others peoples views then told him to take it down so much for bringing everyone together , the woke mob only include themselves
otto62

Postby otto62 Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:40 pm

Gee the gay lovers on here don’t have any safety for people with a different opinion, what he said his religion didn’t agree he then said they can do what ever they like , but I just don’t agree with it . The club said it supported others peoples views then told him to take it down so much for bringing everyone together , the woke mob only include themselves
Hey, I love the gays too, even if I disagree with Pride Round. Jesus said to love everyone, that includes gays.
I do my best to do that without compromising what I believe.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”