Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Woy of the Wovers
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby Woy of the Wovers Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:22 pm

We have beaten the press nearly all night , but we don’t go forward with any get pace or confiction, but I wonder has CARL told his players that when they get deep into Sydney’s half we need to pass it to a bloke in a white shirt
You mean pass it to Ufuk Talay?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:22 pm

Sydney FC 2-1 Adelaide United
94min

United score!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:22 pm

Come on you reds!!!!!!
Javi you beauty.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:25 pm

Sydney FC 2-1 Adelaide United

Game over.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
otto62

Postby otto62 Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:26 pm

Quick last seconds break. We get a throw, nicely teed up for a Javi cross with 8 players waiting in the box, and we get the worst bobble of the night just as Javi is swinging his leg. *shakes head*
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:23 pm

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby Woy of the Wovers Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:23 pm

What do you say about that?

Saw some fans on Facebook getting into Deli. Must be Coxs family because Deli was ok tonight. Last week not so much.

Isa culpable in both Sydney goals, but to be fair a more experienced CB would have been alert to his back pass for the first goal and he did get the ball first in the penalty, so arguable. Otherwise he didn’t have an awful game.

Good to see Javi back and Kitto had a better night than he has been having. Kikianis was also better, at least he ran the game out this week, whereas Warland limped off. It’s hard to pinpoint the problem with the back 5 plus GK other than to say it just didn’t gel or look convincing.

Alagich is probably not match fit to hold the midfield together for a whole game, Clough never looks convincing out wide and whilst it was good to see HVDS back, he was only ever going to be putting minutes into his legs and making up the numbers.

Cavallo - I really want him to do well but crikey, out for a year, back for 2 games and wanders off with a sore leg. Say no more.

Halloran and Irankunda omitted. Hiro taken off after getting very little service. Bovalina at Left Wing?

I mean, just all over the park it’s patchwork with jigsaw pieces in the wrong holes. Yet still we could have got something out of that game. Bizarre.

I’ll keep watching cos it’s my club, and the players need our support, but wow. What a debacle.

Can I mention Fabio? Looks the part, looks the part, looks the part, but what a flop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:17 am

For a club who has had a focus on youth for a few years now, I find it hard to digest that there seems to be no plan of how to keep a competitive team on the park if we sell these guys. I think it is fair to question the direction but also what is in this for the supporters of the club.

As a supporter it feels that the heart of the team has been gutted, started with Goodwin and it’s continued with pretty much the other best players all sold. It’s pretty telling Tunnicliffe still can’t get a full 90 as our sole import signing in what is probably the worst squad I’ve seen at AU! As for Mauk, uninspired signing and already feels like that girlfriend you broke up with twice already but have settled into comfortable mediocrity with after no success on tinder with.

The lads played like a team thrown together, there is little to like across all 3 lines. There is no position that is stronger than at season start and CV has no answers to much of it, especially in defence.

In my view, the season is gone and we will be struggling to stay ahead of jets and glory from here. Not surprising when I hear we have spent less than the jets on players this season even though debt free and pocketing 7 million in transfer fees! Mauk is the only one where they spent around 200k is what I was told! You’d also have to say the plan of Yull stepping up to cover Goody as stated by CV at season start (I laughed at that at the time) also has worked well…… perhaps we might see Halloren at LB and Kitto at LW next game, if Hiro is injured, we might even see CV himself pull on the boots!

The club and owners has treated its fans, members like mugs this year, football fans in SA are pretty switched on and I am so disappointed to see that seeing the loyalty shown and crowd numbers this year. Hopefully the plan is to sell the club and soon, new enthusiasm and direction is needed.
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:12 pm

Gee THE CLAW , it’s good to see someone else can see that we the fans and the club has been let down by these money hungry owners . And Iam not against kids between put into the team but u need 5-6 seasoned pros to guide them , as for Carl he needs to go because all he has done is been a YES man for the owners and his tactics are poor , but the REDS are my team and I will watch them regardless, but to the owners either sell or pi*** of
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 pm

Zero expectations fulfilled. Too much churn for us to turn in consistent results.

In our championship season, we had a highly settled team and a miraculous run of few injuries - and hardly anybody left. Time to start thinking about next season and what shape the team will be in then.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:51 am

It's disappointing to see (on FB comments at least) people getting so stuck in to players like Kitto & Isaias. They are not the problem here. Neither are the young guys like Alagich, who should not be expected to hold a midfield together. We have a bunch of players that range from 'serviceable' to 'good' at A-League level - probably no genuine stars in the side since Goody left - but we are playing at less than the sum of our parts. The seasons we've done well, we have performed above our station given the players we've had.
I think plans need to be in place to bring in another manager because I think Veart reached the limit of what he can do with our squad. It is a shame because honestly we'd be having a very different conversation if we didn't have so many injuries, if Tunnicliffe had turned out to be the midfield general we'd hoped, if Nestory had continued his storming form from last season ... if, if, if... Sadly football is a game of momentum and belief, and if that is gone it's very difficult to win back. Ultimately the buck stops with Carl, and that's a shame because many of our problems are due to matters outside his control.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:20 am

We were a shambles and we still only lost 2-1. We have a team but Carl has confused just about every one of them. It's time to get a manager who can commit to a structure and trust the players to play it.
All I see is a bunch of demoralised players who probably feel a bit like us. They've been let down. They're not included in the plan. They appear entirely dispensable.
Injuries have killed us but there are remedies for that too. And we're hardly the only team with injuries.
New start next year maybe. it's football and I have liked a lot about Carl but I don't want him calling the shots next year. Seems out of ideas.
Loved seeing Javi back.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:34 am

Agree on the comments re Carl. Seems to be hanging players out to dry which is never a good look and terrible for morale.

Best coaches around the world get behind their players when times get tough and take responsibility.

Question is: who is gonna come in to work with kids and no budget?
otto62

Postby otto62 Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:00 pm

Owners - tried to sell and couldn't pull it off (so it's pointless saying to them "sell the club" cause that's already what they're trying to do). Hopefully they find a buyer soon, but I'm not holding my breath. I think they're stuck with the club & we're stuck with them.

Manager - Whatever manager is in charge will have to work with kids and no budget (see "Owners" above). IMO Carl is the best placed person to do that. He knows the players. He's good at bringing them through slowly so they have the best chance to achieve their potential (sometimes to the frustration of the fans who demand they be thrown in too soon). Any new coach, the first names on the team sheet would be Isaias, Lopez, Ibusuki, Tunnicliffe, Clough, Halloran, Kitto, Warland, and a goal keeper, and reluctantly a couple of younger players, and our results won't be any better.

Players - Carl doesn't treat them as disposable. Do you think he rang Bayern up and said "are you interested in Irankunda?" ... "hey, Gwangju, do you want to sign Popovic?" ... "Villa, do you like our goalkeeper, he's for sale?" Carl will have been devastated to lose them. But the owners are trying to sell and won't pay enough to keep players here and won't turn down big dollars (in Aussie terms) if offered.

Mauk - I think he's been great in a poor team. Gives us some bite in midfield which we've desperately needed. In recent games players have started to lift their intensity, which I think is down to two things: 1. Carl shaking things up, so that players know they have to perform or get dropped; and 2. Mauk leading by example & then getting stuck into the others to lift their intensity to match him.

Tunnicliffe - a player who should be at his peak, has been disappointing. I thought he'd be a class above in this league, and the prime Isaias replacement we desperately need. He most definitely isn't, but we're stuck with him. Hopefully he's still got some improvement in him, as it sometimes takes players a long time to acclimatise to the country & the league.

Fans - what can you do. it's in the blood. I'm gutted I can't be there this weekend as I'm away, but I'll be cheering them on online. The beauty of the A-league is that if we can string two or three wins together we're just about back in the 6.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:06 pm

The Woeful state of fitness and injury management is a big elephant in the room here. The squad is relatively competitive with everyone on the park.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”