Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby mcjules Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:02 pm

Hard to disagree with most of the recent posts.

Just on the owners, they're not trying to sell anymore. I don't know at a high level strategically, I'd have done anything different to them. They poured their own money in at the start of the year to pay off debts and invest in the training facilities, buy chelo's academy etc. I don't know if they took some of that money to pay themselves back but they say it's being further invested into the football department. Taking them on their word I don't think I can argue with that. If it helps reduce injuries in future seasons it will help us compete and if it develops more Nestory's then we'll all have a good time.

Our recruitment has been poor though, at the start of the season we were looking for 2 signings and we only signed 1. That guy (Tunniclife) has been a huge disappointment. Then things got worse when Goodwin and others all got sold. The club feels very unprepared for this scenario when I think to most of us this was entirely possible. You look at CCM as a benchmark and the recruiting they've done. We don't need expensive players, just the right ones.

Agree on Carl, the team seems to be pretty aimless lately. Teams have either figured out our predictable style of play or we're trying to change things and the team don't know what they're doing. Felt there was a lot of the latter for the first goal Sydney scored. We're also barely creating chances.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”