Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Woy of the Wovers
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!

Postby Woy of the Wovers Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:39 pm

So glad I went early and watched the women's match. A great result.
The men against CCM was really woeful. Strangely dull to watch and an inevitable result given the team we put out and the way they're playing. Something is amiss.
Honest question, does anyone know what's going on with Lopez? Yes, he's older and slower but he remains one of the smartest and most cultured players in our team yet he didn't get a minute. And we had a seasoned CB on the bench but played a debutant and Isaias.
Kitto is in a slump and Bovalina got a bath from Angel T. We really looked like a team that has managed two trainings after having met at the bus-stop.
Mauk's minutes lifted us but we were already 3-0 down. His post-match comments at least showed that he thought it was all pretty unacceptable. As to whether more agro posturing will make us a better team....I'm not convinced. As the season goes on, it looks more and more like Carl's way of dealing with players by letting them know they are dispensable (or just telling them that they're shit) is failing to produce confident and cohesive performances.
I can cope with the fact we're a bit manic most years (lots of young players) but sometimes we just seem intent on shooting ourselves in the foot.
Any news on Van der Saag? His name seems to have disappeared altogether.
On the positive side, a great crowd. And the chevy rolls at the RGK make every game day worthwhile! :)
I saw HVDS standing in the tunnel watching the game. Ansell too.
Barr? Given our CB situation what’s happened to him? Was he really that bad that Isa and Kiki are both ahead of him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!

Postby EdDog Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:12 am

Barr is injured, same with Ansell.

VDS recently did an interview where he said he's almost ready to resume full training after his injury didn't recover as planned.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”