Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:54 pm

Adelaide United 0-3 CC Mariners
78min

Jovanovic on
Clough off
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:00 pm

Adelaide United 0-3 CC Mariners
85min

United shoot at goal!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:05 pm

Adelaide United 0-4 CC Mariners
90min
5min added time.

Bovalino is hustled into a foul in the box
Penalty.
Four.

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:11 pm

Adelaide United 0-4 CC Mariners

Game over.
Melt down.

No Roots, No Growth!
Woy of the Wovers
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Postby Woy of the Wovers Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:30 pm

Comprehensively beaten by a better team with some pretty good players.
Only positive would be that we came out in the second half and challenged. At least there’s some fighting spirit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:30 pm

Mauk was another positive.
Need to get another couple of good new players across the line (CB please) plus a second goalkeeper.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:21 am

The expected outcome of all the outs and ccm being a good team.

Au looked like boys vs men, doubt there will a bounce back from here, season looks done.
Reckon a few fans in the crowd won’t be back either, lots of discontent around me at coopers tonight.
otto62

Postby otto62 Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:05 am

The expected outcome of all the outs and ccm being a good team.

Au looked like boys vs men, doubt there will a bounce back from here, season looks done.
Reckon a few fans in the crowd won’t be back either, lots of discontent around me at coopers tonight.
Seems a bit early to just give up on reaching the finals. Or do you mean give up on winning the league?

As far as supporters not returning, I think you’re probably right, but I just don’t understand that sort of mentality.
The Claw

Postby The Claw Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:30 am

Winning the league is definitely not happening.
Making finals for me looks a long shot, we have conceded 4 goals 3 times already in 13 games and have won 3 games to date. The team has also been turned upside down and looks/plays unsettled. Yull can’t play more than a half and Barnett, VDS have not played at all and Javi barely at all.
Tunnicliffe is just offering nothing much at all.
Any further signings will take time to settle etc, it’s mid season, not pre season!

When I look at it without red glasses on, I just can’t see us catching those above and We are now in the same bracket as Perth, jets and roar who I doubt will make finals.
mikeewanuk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Postby mikeewanuk Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:52 am

I think members and walk ins are entitled to expect some form of entertainment. After all it’s their hard earned money that supports the club. Last night’s game was not a spectacle, and that’s what spectators pay for.

We’ll know where the club stands by the end of Feb. If they’re not in the top six it’s season over.

If there are no new signings next week the coaches will have to resign en masse. It’s the only way the board will take notice of the present predicament. Carl should go back to local football, he’s powerless at United. Milligan should go back to media and Eugene should try to get into the Socceroos set up as goalkeeping coach. After all he made Gauci and Hall the players they are. The way the coaches have been treated is appalling.

It’s going to be a tough test against a vastly improving Perth on Friday. It’s going to be a long month. But who knows, we may actually sign somebody else this week.
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Postby Woy of the Wovers Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:17 am

Need to get another couple of good new players across the line (CB please) plus a second goalkeeper.
CB. We started the season with Ansell Barr Popovic Warland challenging for the 2 spots.
We started last night against the Champions and form team with Isa and Kiki who couldn’t even run out the game. Anyone know what’s up with Barr?
Bova has been great and I am a fan but he was badly beaten by Angel, as was Kitto by Theoharis.
Midfield was overrun by Ballard and Josh with Tunn really struggling. Second half we looked a bit better when Isa when to 6.

Everyone can see where the issues are - insufficient personnel to cover injuries or form lapses. There may be changes CV could make but who knows what’s going on in the Squad? I don’t. He does.

You can’t blame the players, who were trying and showed that by rallying in the second half. CV doing the best with what he’s got, but the squad is serviceable at best.

Over to the owners…

Btw, I thought Ayoubi was ok in his cameo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Claw

Postby The Claw Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:11 am

The post match interview with CV was telling, directly asked about recruiting, “um ah, well it’s easy to say but you need to find the right players…. We are still looking bla bla”. I think they said the same thing pre-season when Goody left, so clearly it’s difficult to sign anybody for free that is willing to play for peanuts in a team with no ambition.

Or perhaps they are looking in Antarctica?
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!

Postby EdDog Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:42 am

CB. We started the season with Ansell Barr Popovic Warland challenging for the 2 spots.
We started last night against the Champions and form team with Isa and Kiki who couldn’t even run out the game. Anyone know what’s up with Barr?
Bova has been great and I am a fan but he was badly beaten by Angel, as was Kitto by Theoharis.
Midfield was overrun by Ballard and Josh with Tunn really struggling. Second half we looked a bit better when Isa when to 6.

Everyone can see where the issues are - insufficient personnel to cover injuries or form lapses. There may be changes CV could make but who knows what’s going on in the Squad? I don’t. He does.

You can’t blame the players, who were trying and showed that by rallying in the second half. CV doing the best with what he’s got, but the squad is serviceable at best.

Over to the owners…

Btw, I thought Ayoubi was ok in his cameo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mirrors my thoughts.

Everyone blames the defence, and they're certainly not blameless, but their midfield has free reign last night and were able to pick their pass to the forward line.

I actually think a holding / ball playing midfielder is what we need. Someone who can control possession, ala Isa from 5 years ago.

Nisbet looked class last night, someone like him.
otto62

Postby otto62 Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:37 pm

What if we’re not in the top 6 by the end of February, but
only 7th on goal difference, does that still mean the season’s over?

I agree making finals will take a good run of form that we just aren’t looking like getting. But I never give up until it’s numerically impossible.

As far as fan entertainment goes … I’d be quite happy with a boring game where we’re outplayed all day and win 1-0 with an mishit shot that dribbles over the line off an opposition backside.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:30 pm

So glad I went early and watched the women's match. A great result.
The men against CCM was really woeful. Strangely dull to watch and an inevitable result given the team we put out and the way they're playing. Something is amiss.
Honest question, does anyone know what's going on with Lopez? Yes, he's older and slower but he remains one of the smartest and most cultured players in our team yet he didn't get a minute. And we had a seasoned CB on the bench but played a debutant and Isaias.
Kitto is in a slump and Bovalina got a bath from Angel T. We really looked like a team that has managed two trainings after having met at the bus-stop.
Mauk's minutes lifted us but we were already 3-0 down. His post-match comments at least showed that he thought it was all pretty unacceptable. As to whether more agro posturing will make us a better team....I'm not convinced. As the season goes on, it looks more and more like Carl's way of dealing with players by letting them know they are dispensable (or just telling them that they're shit) is failing to produce confident and cohesive performances.
I can cope with the fact we're a bit manic most years (lots of young players) but sometimes we just seem intent on shooting ourselves in the foot.
Any news on Van der Saag? His name seems to have disappeared altogether.
On the positive side, a great crowd. And the chevy rolls at the RGK make every game day worthwhile! :)

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”