Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

UnitedPants
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby UnitedPants Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:03 pm

mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:03 pm

When you can watch fornarolli ask the ref for cards over and over and call veart a c*#t multiple times and not even have king talk to him, but our lad cops 2 soft yellows.
Alex King has a problem with Irankunda. That much is obvious.
Spot on.
I can understand their supporters because we're all biased but pretty disappointing that Popa would claim that Nestor dived for the first yellow card on Miranda. Only on the one slowmo angle that they keep showing does it look like there was no contact and Miranda made no attempt to play the ball and just tried to block him.
Jessesdad
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:37 pm

Great to see Hiro score. He tore strips off Nestor at half-time. Justifiably.
Both Nestor cards were very dubious refereeing but if we expect anything else after all these years we're kidding ourselves. I thought Bruce Djite summed it up perfectly in the after match conversations. The fact that Archie Thompson agreed with him completely says it all really.
But yeah, a seventeen year old kid with enormous talent and limited control of his emotions should certainly have "done better" after being abused non-stop by an entire crowd and treated unfairly by the ref numerous times. Or maybe he shouldn't have had to "do better". Maybe he's a kid who's learning and hasn't yet got the capacity to be all grown up like people are suggesting he should be. I don't like what he did but I find it completely understandable. The behaviour of the mature and experienced Victory players falls into the category of "should have done better". But Nestor knows they were terrified of him and he'll be back to torment them again.
But, for all that, a cracking game of football that fulfilled all the requirements of an Original Rivalry. I dislike Victory even more now :) . Partly because they are mindless thugs. Partly because Arzani is so easy to dislike. Partly because they completely played us off the park for 45 mins.
I enjoy it when they're struggling, but the league is better when they're good enough to detest.
Gauci is simply magnificent. World Class already.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”