Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:38 am

Fantastic start to the season. We looked very creative. Goes to show ore season games arent a measureable thing.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:49 pm

Great team effort!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:39 pm

Thought 3-0 flattered us a bit. Everything went against CCM this game. At 1-0 I thought they looked more likely but ultimately didn't take their chances.

They lead the shot count in the end and, against a clinical team, if you lose the shot count you lose the game more often than not.

Great result and a huge confidence boost. Loved some of the performances from the youngsters and Tunnicliffe looks to be a very solid signing.

Tricky run of fixtures to come so this 3 points was always critical.

We go again against the Premiers on Sunday!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:32 pm

yeah 3-0 did flatter us a bit!
On the other hand we could have had a couple more goals if not for some great Vukovic saves, too
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:07 pm

I was a bit disappointed with the last 10 minutes or so against a depleted and visually dispirited Mariners. There was a real chance to put the boot in and ramp up the goal difference but it just turned into a "how can I get myself on the score sheet" shooting fest. I think Carl may have had a word with one or two about that.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:47 am

Is it only AUFC supporters who can moan after a 3-0 win, both that 3-0 flattered us, and that we should have scored more goals, and also that 3 goals wasn’t a good enough boosting of the goal difference?
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:39 am

Is it only AUFC supporters who can moan after a 3-0 win, both that 3-0 flattered us, and that we should have scored more goals, and also that 3 goals wasn’t a good enough boosting of the goal difference?
Didn't think I was moaning, it was my assessment of the performance. Stoked with the result, just on the balance of play and looking at the stats I think we got a bit lucky.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:07 pm

I only saw bits and pieces of the game but I thought we played some really nice stuff. It was great seeing Clough play his best game in a Reds shirt while also good to see Ansell and Bernardo back too.

The kids were also very impressive (especially Yull), and that isn’t a surprise to anyone who follows the youth team.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby otto62 Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:24 pm

Didn't think I was moaning, it was my assessment of the performance. Stoked with the result, just on the balance of play and looking at the stats I think we got a bit lucky.
Sorry, I agree moaning is overstating it.
But surely if we should have scored more goals then we weren’t just lucky to win 3-0?
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:15 am

But surely if we should have scored more goals then we weren’t just lucky to win 3-0?
I've watched the extended highlights a few times after watching the game and they should have scored at least 1 maybe 2.

At 1-0 I thought it was all them and our (clear) penalty came a little bit out of nowhere. 3rd goal was after the sending off and we then had a flood of chances against 10 men.

Perhaps lucky is the wrong word, but I thought 3-0 wasn't a fair reflection, particularly given they had 2 injuries and a red card yet they still outshot us.

I was still buoyed by the performance but in my mind that game could have easily gone the other way.

Happy to be in the minority with this one. Just my 2c :)
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:53 pm

I've watched the extended highlights a few times after watching the game and they should have scored at least 1 maybe 2.

At 1-0 I thought it was all them and our (clear) penalty came a little bit out of nowhere. 3rd goal was after the sending off and we then had a flood of chances against 10 men.

Perhaps lucky is the wrong word, but I thought 3-0 wasn't a fair reflection, particularly given they had 2 injuries and a red card yet they still outshot us.

I was still buoyed by the performance but in my mind that game could have easily gone the other way.

Happy to be in the minority with this one. Just my 2c :)

I agree with EdDog. Although it wasn't a "lucky" win as such there were a few sliding door moments that could have resulted in a very different result. Gauci's outrageous one on one save in the first few minutes being a prime example.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”