WSW sign Lachlan Brook

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

WSW sign Lachlan Brook

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:53 pm

https://keepup.com.au/news/a-league-men ... wanderers/

Olyroos forward Lachlan Brook has signed a two-season contract with Western Sydney Wanderers, returning to Australia after a stint abroad at English club Brentford FC.

“I was sort of getting to a point overseas where I felt like I was playing football for the sake of it. Going back to Adelaide definitely made me fall in love with the game again, so that time probably the happiest I’ve been playing football ever.

“I’m from Adelaide… if it was up to me, I’d play there for the rest of my life. Honestly, I never had a bad moment there. In terms of my overall mental health, it was huge. It literally put me in the right step to just continue to play football and really enjoy it. It was massive.”

From that it sounds like he would have preferred to come back here. Carl must not be a fan or he wanted too much money.

I can't say I'm too upset. He showed glimpses when he was here, but just not enough end product for my liking.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: WSW sign Lachlan Brook

Postby mcjules Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:40 pm

As far as South Aussies go, we potentially have enough wingers to fill 4 squads. Can't sign them all sadly.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:06 pm

As far as South Aussies go, we potentially have enough wingers to fill 4 squads. Can't sign them all sadly.
Yeah we have Goody, Benny, Nestor, Bernardo and Panashe already. No room for him unfortunately.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:02 pm

Brook has so much potential and was just starting to show it when he went overseas. Massive bummer he's heading elsewhere
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Laza
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Good

Postby Laza Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:57 am

I agree with you Gregg. Disappointed we didn't sign him. I understand we have a few wingers but if we're honest the only two wingers that had good years for us were goody and Nestor. We need other avenues to goal and I think Brook would have provided that
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:03 pm

I agree with you Gregg. Disappointed we didn't sign him. I understand we have a few wingers but if we're honest the only two wingers that had good years for us were goody and Nestor. We need other avenues to goal and I think Brook would have provided that
Welcome to the forum Laza!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:17 pm

Avenue to goal ? Not from what I remember of the lad.

He ran down too many cul-de-sacs :D
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:58 pm

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought Brook seemed to give off the airs of someone who thought he was too good to be where he was.

(Just my impression from the other side of the world ... )

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Laza
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Good

Postby Laza Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:48 am

Avenue to goal ? Not from what I remember of the lad.

He ran down too many cul-de-sacs

I see your point there lol. Well hopefully he does what yengi did at WSW and that's not much
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:40 am

it always great to bring home south australian players but brook is absolutely pants in such a crucial postion of the field - cant believe anyone thinks he is a big loss or miss by the club

hes a good technical dribbler, has a decent work rate and some pace - but has absolutely zero end product (doesnt deliver goals or assists) or the abillity to beat a man consistently

i know people poleaxed halloran in 22/23 (very poor season by his previous consistent standards) but he had that serious injury in south korea and has never looked the same since (i would not be surprised to find out that he was working through a niggle for most of last campaign.)

theres also bernado who also had a major injury that never really had a look in during the last quarter of the season, to try and integrate back into the team.

irakunda & madanha (madanha in particular is yet to play as an out and out RW) can also play in that same spot - its not as though we're short in that position (only in height lol)

south australians playing at one of the big NSW sides (sydney/wanderers) have never been a resounding success (with the exception of borello recently)

bad move for the player, the weight of the wanderers badge and an unforgiving fan base could make life very difficult - especially if rudes views him as a starter in 23/24
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:11 am

Brook has so much potential and was just starting to show it when he went overseas. Massive bummer he's heading elsewhere
5 goals on debut for WSW 😖
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:16 pm

5 goals on debut for WSW 😖

Bloody typical !
Couldn't hit a barn door for us :x

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”