Membership 2023/24

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Membership 2023/24

Postby otto62 Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:00 pm

Last season people were clamouring for Irankunda to start.
This season people are complaining that Irankunda is going to be starting.

I’ll laugh so much if we get in two great imports and exceed all expectations this year.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:29 pm

having a massive pre-season whinge is a proud tradition for Reds fans :?
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:34 pm

When we lost in the Australia Cup, I posted this on FB, because the whinging really got me down: "No-one can be happy with that result. But, for those saying it'll be the same as/bad as last year.....we finished third last year. 4th the two previous seasons. Our best three year run since the first three seasons of the A-League. Veart has done an incredible job with very few resources. I'd love to see us buy players like others do (especially the Mariners, who seem to have a magic wand in the transfer market) but its clear our owners are tight. Its football. You don't win every week."
I deplore the way that the club deals with players (Cassio!) leaving and the poor way they inform us about what's happened. But that's football too. It's not run by experts in empathy. It tends to be run by football players and business people. There's not much room for sentiment. I'm gutted that Goodwin has left but why wouldn't he? Could it have been handled better? You bet. Will it be next time? Probably not.
I went to the NPL GF and the AU A-League boys ran that game completely. Panash looked absolutely brilliant. Yull's a bulldog. Jovanovich looks a genuine striker. Alargich was all class. Yeah, they're young and they'll take time to settle and maybe they won't all make the step up, but they've already been blooded and their confidence and skill level show they've been training with the big boys. Add in Irankunda and Bernardo and Popovic and the young boys will definitely make a key difference this year.
So, it's not great that we haven't (yet) signed anyone but if we make a couple of decent signings and these boys continue to improve, we could be up there again - just as we have been for the last few years.
We're no going to win the league eight years running. We're always going to be behind the eight-ball financially. But we often surprise and play decent football.
I'll go and watch that.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:43 pm

having a massive pre-season whinge is a proud tradition for Reds fans :?
:D
So, it's not great that we haven't (yet) signed anyone but if we make a couple of decent signings and these boys continue to improve, we could be up there again - just as we have been for the last few years.
We're no going to win the league eight years running. We're always going to be behind the eight-ball financially. But we often surprise and play decent football.
I'll go and watch that.
Nice post!
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Membership 2023/24

Postby EdDog Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:16 pm

When we lost in the Australia Cup, I posted this on FB, because the whinging really got me down: "No-one can be happy with that result. But, for those saying it'll be the same as/bad as last year.....we finished third last year. 4th the two previous seasons. Our best three year run since the first three seasons of the A-League. Veart has done an incredible job with very few resources. I'd love to see us buy players like others do (especially the Mariners, who seem to have a magic wand in the transfer market) but its clear our owners are tight. Its football. You don't win every week."
I deplore the way that the club deals with players (Cassio!) leaving and the poor way they inform us about what's happened. But that's football too. It's not run by experts in empathy. It tends to be run by football players and business people. There's not much room for sentiment. I'm gutted that Goodwin has left but why wouldn't he? Could it have been handled better? You bet. Will it be next time? Probably not.
I went to the NPL GF and the AU A-League boys ran that game completely. Panash looked absolutely brilliant. Yull's a bulldog. Jovanovich looks a genuine striker. Alargich was all class. Yeah, they're young and they'll take time to settle and maybe they won't all make the step up, but they've already been blooded and their confidence and skill level show they've been training with the big boys. Add in Irankunda and Bernardo and Popovic and the young boys will definitely make a key difference this year.
I'll go and watch that.
Great post. Much needed perspective.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: RE: Re: Membership 2023/24

Postby otto62 Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:24 pm

I'll go and watch that.
Great post. Much needed perspective.
Agree.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”