Nestory Irankunda

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: Nestory Irankunda

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:32 am

Reportedly the fee is only €750k with add-ons for games played with AU for the rest of this season, and if he makes the Bayern first team. Much lower than the £3m reported.

I just hope we have a sell-on clause.
So roughly the same as Djite to Gençlerbirliği when inflation is taken into account.

I feel like Adelaide either got screwed, or they've badly misjudged something.

I would argue that Bruce was by far the better footballer at that stage of his career. Nestor might have more natural talent but his way off being the finished product. His temperament also throws some doubt on whether he will fulfil his potential.

Bayern are taking a bit of a punt on him, and I think the fee fairly reflects that.
I'll admit Djite's career progression was weird and he should have been a bigger deal than he was.

But Irankunda is still two years younger than when Djite made his A-League debut, and he is already at the very least 'as good' as Djite was at that stage he went to Turkey (aged 22). The temperament nonsense is entirely confected and won't be an issue overseas where he is more anonymous.

Two me it suggests one of three things:
  • Adelaide got screwed.
  • The actual market value of young players in general is much lower than expected.
  • Adelaide's finances are dire and this is a fire sale (and Bayern know that)

Not sure what you mean by "confected", but his temperament issues were there for all to see when he got the red card in Melbourne. Plus there were the problems with inhouse discipline last season which probably played a part if him not getting starts. It's pretty obvious he's got some growing up still to do.

His pace and cannon of a right foot make him a good impact player, but his vision is average at best. He needs to learn to look up more during fast counter attacks and pick out team mates in better positions.

Two players hardly make it a "fire sale". The kid wants to go and United never stand in the way of a player bettering their career. I would suggest that would be the only pressure Adelaide would be under to sell.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:14 am

Something for the morning coffee ...

So glad to have him for the last few games.
... Marco Tilio’s forced withdrawal from the squad on Monday saw something of an about-face from the national setup, according to the Sydney Morning Herald, with Irankunda sounded out as a potential replacement. He declined the approach, determining he was better off seeing out the remainder of Adelaide’s season and preparing for his move to Germany.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... n-football

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Postby Woy of the Wovers Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:57 am

Reportedly the fee is only €750k with add-ons for games played with AU for the rest of this season, and if he makes the Bayern first team. Much lower than the £3m reported.

So roughly the same as Djite to Gençlerbirliği when inflation is taken into account.

I would argue that Bruce was by far the better footballer at that stage of his career. Nestor might have more natural talent but his way off being the finished product. His temperament also throws some doubt on whether he will fulfil his potential.

Bayern are taking a bit of a punt on him, and I think the fee fairly reflects that.
I'll admit Djite's career progression was weird and he should have been a bigger deal than he was.

But Irankunda is still two years younger than when Djite made his A-League debut, and he is already at the very least 'as good' as Djite was at that stage he went to Turkey (aged 22). The temperament nonsense is entirely confected and won't be an issue overseas where he is more anonymous.

• Adelaide got screwed.
  • The actual market value of young players in general is much lower than expected.

Not sure what you mean by "confected", but his temperament issues were there for all to see when he got the red card in Melbourne. Plus there were the problems with inhouse discipline last season which probably played a part if him not getting starts. It's pretty obvious he's got some growing up still to do.

His pace and cannon of a right foot make him a good impact player, but his vision is average at best. He needs to learn to look up more during fast counter attacks and pick out team mates in better positions.

Two players hardly make it a "fire sale". The kid wants to go and United never stand in the way of a player bettering their career. I would suggest that would be the only pressure Adelaide would be under to sell.
He’s showed much improved vision in the past two games at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:37 pm

• Adelaide got screwed.

He’s showed much improved vision in the past two games at least

Agreed, the assist for Mauk's goal in Perth was sublime.

Maybe the lad's got a future in the game after all :wink:
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:56 am

Very wholseome video of Nestory calling a long-time member.

https://twitter.com/AdelaideUnited/stat ... 7241318850
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:50 pm

Very wholseome video of Nestory calling a long-time member.

https://twitter.com/AdelaideUnited/stat ... 7241318850

I've been a member for 20 years, where's my phone call ??? :? :wink:
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:44 pm

I think he will have a harder time adjusting to what bryern want out of him , I doubt he will be given the cuddle , cuddle approach, and if he spits the dummy like he has done here , he won’t last long . But over the last month he really has cleaned up his game and is playing More of a team game , hope he makes it , would love to see him on tv overseas
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:02 pm

I think the most important thing Nestory can /should do is to learn the language as soon as possible.
The football will take care of itself.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:40 am

In honour of his move to Bayern I'll be having a Munich-style Helles or Dopplebock @ Brightstar before the match :cheers:
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:44 am

So apparently our lovely rivals have been spitting the dummy about Nestor not joining up with the Olyroos and saying he should be stood down for the remaining matches. What a bunch of pricks, seriously. If it was an official, first up inclusion in the squad I would say they MIGHT have a point. But the fact that Vidmar said he wasn't picked for the player's best interests, and then to turnaround because he's lost a few numbers elsewhere is pretty poor.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/alm-clubs- ... nub-606941

"The decision of Adelaide United's Nestory Irankunda to opt against late Olyroos selection has caused consternation among rival A-League Men clubs."
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:08 pm

^^^^

Why am I not surprised ..?
Now he will become the guy who "won't play for his nation".

Cue outrage from the usual suspects.

The bullshit has already started, Australia have not even qualified for the Olympic tournament in Paris.
Nestory Irankunda has sensationally rejected the chance to play at the Paris Olympics this June after a late bid from the Olyroos to include the teenage wonderkid, according to reports in the Sydney Morning Herald.
https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/04/09/i ... oot-again/
B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Postby Woy of the Wovers Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:28 pm

Nestory was omitted for welfare reasons.
So Tulio has a sore foot and Nestory’s welfare is no longer a concern?

This is amateurish management at best, but to then turn on the lad. Pathetic

sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:12 am

Three months away from his eagerly anticipated move to German giants Bayern Munich from Adelaide, the 18-year-old was, on Tuesday, one of the first players named for the A-League All Stars’ clash against Newcastle United in Melbourne on 24 May.
And he has started German lessons.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -interview

B)

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”