Adelaide United v Wellington Pheonix Elimination Final 2023 Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: Adelaide United v Wellington Pheonix Elimination Final 2023 Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Sat May 06, 2023 9:54 pm

There is also the boycott the finals series thing but not sure how strong that movement is.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

EdDog

Re: Adelaide United v Wellington Pheonix Elimination Final 2023 Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sat May 06, 2023 10:00 pm

I back boycotting the grand final but regular finals I'd attend.

I understand fans boycotting all finals however as it sends a stronger message as all finals revenue goes to APL.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun May 07, 2023 3:57 pm

Definitely not travelling to Sydney in the (on form unlikely) event if we make it which is a pity because I'm coming to a stage in my life financially I probably would have could have affored to make the trip with the family if it was hosted away on merit.

Didn't attend on Friday, wouldn't say it was the primary reason we didn't go but the GF decision was a factor. We will be there Saturday night though.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun May 07, 2023 4:05 pm

There is also the boycott the finals series thing but not sure how strong that movement is.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
That is the reason I stayed home.

I watched the game, and tbh was envious of those that were there, but honestly if we send the message that we'll keep swallowing the APL's shit, they'll keep shovelling it into our mouths.

I've been a member since 2005, I hope United win every game, but I also hope the GF is played between us and City in front of three men and a dog.

Keep the pressure on.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
mikeewanuk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Postby mikeewanuk Sun May 07, 2023 10:07 pm

Does anyone know the attendance figure for the game? It hasn’t been announced on Austadiums website. Was it down on recent games?
I didn’t go to the game because I didn’t think that United get any financial reward. That may have changed, who knows.
It may seem two-faced but I would love to see the Reds in a Grand Final again. It would interesting to find out how much a ticket, flight and accommodation package would be offered to the visiting fan members. I wouldn’t/couldn’t pay more than $500 for the privilege. Everyone’s a loser. Especially Desination NSW who put up the sponsorship.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun May 07, 2023 11:23 pm

I think it was just over 10,000 but no confirmation as yet.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon May 08, 2023 8:56 am

If it turns out to be an Adelaide v Sydney final …. Adelaide would have had the home advantage at Adelaide Oval in front of 50,000 Adelaide fans and 5,000 Sydney fans … instead Sydney will have the unearned home advantage and it will be played in front of say 20,000 Sydney fans and a handful of Adelaide fans.

If that happens I’d love Adelaide to set up a big screen in front of the new stand and sell tickets. I’d go.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon May 08, 2023 5:02 pm

If it's a home game like this week I'll always be there because supporting the team and being in the crowd trumps all the stupidity of the idiots who run the game. But I respect that others will make other decisions.
As to the Grand Final in Sydney, it's perhaps the most foolish of a stream of foolish decisions made by people who simply do not understand. I hope no one attends.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon May 08, 2023 7:53 pm

Apologies to those who might want a boycoutt (nod of the head to illiterate Newcastle United fans in the UK) of the finals, but I can't not be there at Coopers. Ticket purchased for this Saturday!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”